Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What 2 guys to start behind Smith?
Braylon Edwards 2 9.52%
Antwaan Randle El 2 9.52%
Nate Burleson 10 47.62%
Keenan McCardell 7 33.33%
Doug Gabriel 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 AM

Default ME top two ?

Main Event, blinds are 300/600/75 i have 62k i raise to 1700 from utg+1 w AdKc carl olson calls from mid and button calls carl has over 100k bu has around 50k flop comes Ah7h8s i bet 5k goes call call turn comes kh what lines should i consider and why? i have been pretty active lately and carl has been calling me in pos a bunch lately, im not sure if he is willing to play a big pot light with me or try and take me off of a wideish range that he might veiw me as having.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: ME top two ?

Three-way, I think CC is best here.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Main Event, blinds are 300/600/75 i have 62k i raise to 1700 from utg+1 w AdKc carl olson calls from mid and button calls carl has over 100k bu has around 50k flop comes Ah7h8s i bet 5k goes call call turn comes kh what lines should i consider and why? i have been pretty active lately and carl has been calling me in pos a bunch lately, im not sure if he is willing to play a big pot light with me or try and take me off of a wideish range that he might veiw me as having.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check/folding is definite option, leading the turn doesn't seem good.

I would check/fold if Carl makes a beet of 10k or more and button calls or raises. The neat thing about live poker is you are able to guage your opponents reactions when the flop,turn and river come out which I think is mandatory on the turn here being out of position.

I really hate leading the turn bc you are out of position vs 2 opponents, the flush has gotten there and if you make a standard lead into this already 20k+ pot you are just asking one of your opponents to blow you off your hand. I just think it's highly unlikely that you are beating both players even with top 2. I really don't see you getting to showdown unless the turn or river is checked and the other street is bet abnormally small (like 7k-8k bet into 22k pot).

If this helps, I've also never caught Colson with anything but the goods... LOL

BeL0W
Old 07-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Check and hope that there is a bet and a caller behind you so that you can safely fold.

If it goes check-check-bet or check-bet-fold then fold sometimes and call sometimes or push if your doug kim. LIve reads if he can make the bet with AxQh/AxJh make all the difference. If I call the bet on the turn I am probably check folding the river because I think that AxQh or AxJh will check behind unimproved on the end and because people don't two barrel bluff this very often.

I don't like leading this turn because it allows Ax to fold and Ax with a heart to shove.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM

What action do you guys think is more scary, check/bet/fold or check/check/bet?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What action do you guys think is more scary, check/bet/fold or check/check/bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a pole
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM

check/bet/fold

with check/check/bet I will not be too worried about MP holding a flush and button is more likely to be stealing.