Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 PM

Default There are now breaks in the WPX tournies

It looks like the monthly threads are gone.

WPX had an upgrade. They added 5 min. breaks in the tournaments. For those of you who haven't played there in a while they've recently gone to 15 min. levels in the tournies.

Also, there are HU sit'n gos, and HU NL tables.

There are tables at which you can again get full hand histories for PT data and tables where you can play anonymously.

Traffic is still very, very light but the site continues to improve and develop.

Its still a great place to play.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: There are now breaks in the WPX tournies

I guess you could call it 'improving'.
But adding 5 minute breaks to tournaments isn't exactly innovative. It's something everybody else has that they finally got around to adding after numerous requests.

Also, I don't believe that playing at a non-hand-history table is the same as playing anonymously because you still have the same handle obviously...but I get your meaning.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM

They're improving, but there're still a lot of works to be done.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 AM

Tough crowd.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM

A lot of bugs, software is lag, mim table is no good, and so on.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:41 AM

Please tell us when the lag is fixed. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

I don't think "A lot of bugs" is a fair comment at this point. If you know of any bugs, please let me know and they will be promptly addressed.

The lag you are complaining about with the new release was fixed last night. It turns out it was not really lagging but had the illusion of lagging. They made some adjustments to lower the CPU load. Here is the explanation from the programming staff:

"This new animation method only draws 5 cards from the start position to the end position. BUT the total moving time from the start position to the end position is 150ms (0.15 second), as well. Since it draws only 5 times on 0.15 second, it uses less CPU power. However, some very sensitive players may notice the difference and see the empty space while the card is moving from one place to another.

Both old method and new method consumes exactly same amount of time for animation -0.15 second - but because of the number of images it draws while moving, it may look like it moves slower and more precisely, it may look jerky while moving."

So cards to the seat were actually taking the same time, but it looked choppy. I had them change it back until we can discuss it further. Part of me says, why show the cascading cards at all? Just let them pop up at your seat. But we'll see.

Back to bugs, please tell me what they are. As far as features, we are adding them as fast as we can. The "breaks" was just one example, I am aware the concept wasn't cutting edge, but it still took quite a bit of coding. Now it's done.

Another feature many of you will appreciate tonight is the "Aces Never Lose" bonus is now credited automatically. No need to email your hand numbers anymore. The money will be added automatically.

I honestly feel the platform is very stable these days. Traffic has been slowly increasing. As far as features and enhancements, we are about 75% through our list. Most of what remains affects the back end.

But please keep the suggestions coming. We do listen.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Fred - Now crediting Aces Never Lose directly into your acct without having to e-mail is an improvement I can get excited about!!

FWIW - I always turn off the cards-animation when given that option at any site I play. Since that's an option on WPEX this is an issue that just doesn't bother me so for me the cards already just 'pop up' on my seat and I assume it's this way for many of your other players who choose to turn off animation too.

Also FWIW - I don't like the new longer structures in the tournaments but I guess I'm in the minority among those who actually speak up about it around here. I know this was in response to all those who requested it and I could have offered my opinion then but I didn't really think about it or consider it a big deal.
It still isn't THAT big a deal to me. But man those mutha's can take a long time now.
If you are wanting value for your low buy-in tourney-buck and enjoy long drawn-out deeper stack battles when you get down to 6 players or whatever then WPEX is the place. If you just want to get the tourney over with and don't want to sit there battling forever then it ain't so hot.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone,

I don't think "A lot of bugs" is a fair comment at this point. If you know of any bugs, please let me know and they will be promptly addressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disconnect abuse is still rampant. People don't need two disconnects per day.

Either change it to two per week or create tables with NO disconnects.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

Disconnect abuse is still rampant. People don't need two disconnects per day.

Either change it to two per week or create tables with NO disconnects.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be changing the disconnect situation within 10 days. Stay tuned.

Fred