Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Another 25/50 deep stacked NYC hand

Villian and i have developed a history of playing big pots (which he has gotten the better of lately)...early on there was a lot of bluffing, while in the last two sessions its been big hands vs big hands...last session, i lost 25k on a hand where i turned nut straight and he rivered a runner runner flush after betting every street...

hero starts hand with ~16k and villian covers

on to the hand...limp in EP, raise by villian to 300 ,2 callers, and i call in BB with KcJc...

pot 1500, flop Ks 5c 2d...i lead for 1500, and only villian calls...

pot 4500. turn Js

i definitely made a mistake here i think...i check, villian bets 4500, and i talk myself out of check raise...i call the 4500...

pot 13500, river is 6h...

questions
1. I understand that i played the turn poorly...what do people like as the correct turn play?

2. Assuming i played the turn as i did, what is your plan of action on the river?

i think this hand is standard if the stacks werent so big...but given stacks, give me your best line.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Another 25/50 deep stacked NYC hand

So you have like a little over 9k left?
I'd never consider folding here. I'd prob weigh on the player, if he is more likely to bet a worse hand/bluff or call with an AK or AA type hand. If he is over aggressive when he misses,i'd check/call.If he gives up when he misses,i'd put in a bet and hope he has something to call with.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-30-2007, 07:55 PM

check push on the turn..esp with your 9k left.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 PM

I like your turn play alot actually. this is assuming he isnt calling a turn shove with Ak or AA too often.

edited to add: i chk the river and c/r ai if he bets $8k or less, c/c if 10-12k, and puke and sometimes call/sometimes fold if he shoves.

-fsuplayer
Old 06-30-2007, 09:10 PM

I prolly just check call...hes prolly gonna vb AA anyways and maybe AK since he seems pretty aggro from ur description. I dont think raising any size bet (unless he bets something tiny like 1/5th pot or something in which case i would overpot raise it) is a good idea.

As for the turn...I probably just fire again, thats prolly what ud do with a bluff right? You wouldnt check call...I dont like a crai this deep because I think ull lose hands ur ahead of and get called by anything that beats u

-Mike