Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Default A couple of ideas

I had a novel idea about the structure of the VIP (and other) tournaments.

What about a structure where the blinds stopped rising completely after the money bubble burst?

I know I am in the slim minority here, but I actually like the structure of the tournaments as they are... until the money that it. I like that there are no breaks (I don't mind sitting out a couple hands if I suddenly have to poop during the game) and I like that they're over with in a couple of hours.

I noticed a bug last night. When opening the "info" button to see the structure and payout of a tournament, I couldn't play poker at the same time. I actually timed out of the hand I was in when it was my turn... thought it was some kind of lag until I fixed it by closing the info window.

Another bug I've encountered is that when multitabling, if my action comes up before I am done acting at another table the 2nd table takes priority. This is cumbersome during non-fixed betting games like NLHE and tournaments... and it's caused me to type chat on the wrong table as well. I am not sure what can be done about it, but it's worth mentioning.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: A couple of ideas

[ QUOTE ]
What about a structure where the blinds stopped rising completely after the money bubble burst?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea because the tournament could take forever to complete. If you like tournaments that are over within 2-3 hours, you don't want this.

[ QUOTE ]
I like that there are no breaks (I don't mind sitting out a couple hands if I suddenly have to poop during the game)

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me to wash my hands after using your keyboard.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:15 PM

GM,

There's a bug with the hand history viewer which came with the last upgrade. Intermittently an "access denied" pop-up is seen when trying to access the hand history from the previous hand.

Sometimes the hand history viewer works perfectly and sometimes not at all. A fix would be wonderful.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GM,

There's a bug with the hand history viewer which came with the last upgrade. Intermittently an "access denied" pop-up is seen when trying to access the hand history from the previous hand.

Sometimes the hand history viewer works perfectly and sometimes not at all. A fix would be wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is something to do with when you have more than 1 game window open. You can view hands from 1 table but not others without closing and re-opening the client.

I hope someone else here can give you more detail soon.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 PM

I've had this problem a lot. And once you get the first error then you can't open any HH's after that unless you get off all your tables and restart the software. A real pain in the a** cause I really like to see what my opponents call down with without having to open up PT.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Can you please add some higher buy in 10 person SNG's? I would start playing there if you had $50+ buy in sng's.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another bug I've encountered is that when multitabling, if my action comes up before I am done acting at another table the 2nd table takes priority. This is cumbersome during non-fixed betting games like NLHE and tournaments... and it's caused me to type chat on the wrong table as well. I am not sure what can be done about it, but it's worth mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Tools>Options and uncheck "Bring to front when action is required"
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM

Default work-around (Re: A couple of ideas)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GM,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is something to do with when you have more than 1 game window open. You can view hands from 1 table but not others without closing and re-opening the client.

I hope someone else here can give you more detail soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the same problem. It occurs when multi tabling, and after I click "leave table" on one window, hand histories wont work on other windows. I've found if you close a table with the "X" in top right corner instead of leave table, it doesnt happen as often.

My last courier check took 14 days. Just don't leave ay money there you need in a hurry, and relax, they've always come through, made 3 bounced checks good, etc. Its just a tough environment.

Best,

zooey
$51,113 Rakeback to date.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Tools>Options and uncheck "Bring to front when action is required"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... I don't know how I overlooked that.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 PM

yeah, I forgot to mention that it only took me a little over a week to get my last check.

I still love wpex. broken HH is kind of annoying, but I know that will be fixed in time. Honestly, just bring me more traffic and I'm happy. But don't you dare cut the rakeback any more - it's the whole reason I/We play there.
Closed Thread