Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

goingdownslow - very solid player, and I think one of the very solid winners at mid stakes

warsawwins - extremely loose to the point of fishyness, he's not terrible post-flop but I love playing with him in really short games

depriment - another player I feel whose pre-flop play makes him an opponent i like to play against

palomino - decent player; i don't like having him at my table...mixes up his turn raises very well, tendency to be too loose at times i think but plays very well post-flop

jabbahursty - lol i guess everyone knows him, the biggest whiner on the site, pretty weak player imo

unomero - prone to tilt, showdown monkey, really bad player

illogic - pretty solid i think but haven't played against him much

john the fox - seems like a showdown monkey to me, plays draws like a maniac at times, tendency to tilt..tough player when he has position on you imo but loses a lot of money playing from the blinds

mjkidd - have only played with him a limited amount but was extremely tough from what i recall

wevegotawinner - i don't find him to be good at all..but he seems to always be playing a lot so i assume he isn't a losing player

eggfart - very weak and straightforward player at the lower limits, whines a lot too

mattias - extremely aggro and lag, but thinking...i think he loses but i find him tough to play against

hum that's all for now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this thread is interesting
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM

i dont think goingdownslow is realy very good, he's ok but im not convinced he's a solid winner, have any of you ever come accross a guy called karbes from estonia ? i love that guy...
Old 07-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Oh and theres a guy i often see at $5/$10 called 2inthehole surprised nobody has mentioned him coz he always seems to crush me, i avoid him now !!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM

goingdownslow is definitely good

i used to not mind him at my tables becuz partly I think I play well against the type of players I know I can think like they think and who play rationally but mostly it was just becuz i was running better against him than he was me and I had position on him when it mattered more often seemingly. Since, hes gotten the cards a few sessions or had position on a few tables and I didnt want him around anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the funny thing about solid, some what straight forward players is that many players think they arent that great becuz they dont seem to be "dominating" play or theyre easy to push aroudn when they dont hit or run cold but in the long run this type of player is not a profitable one to be opposing urself against even if u feel u can play well against their style or push them around a bit more than lagfish (who are more frustrating to play perhaps but definitely better to have at the table).

karbes is not a very good player, but not the worst ive seen. I played him HU once for a bit just trying to start a table cuz I knew he wasnt much to fear (he won that battle :P) he asked me a bunch of questions about withdrawing money tho so im sure he never had up til that point (after being on the site for awhile and logging a fair amount of hands) so im sure hes not going to be a winning player after the new rake structure if he even was before (doubt it).

also fwiw unless im misremembering u are giving 2inthehole entirely too mcuh credit, i ll confirm next time i see him online and ck player notes or see his play at the tables again. i could be wrong? there are a lot of names
Old 07-09-2007, 06:58 PM

2inthehole must be the poster, because if I remember correctly (he doesn't play all that much) he is a donk.

The worst would be doperoper... sometimes I think he thinks holdem is the flop version of razz.

Tchoockwoo, wow, what can you say, the guy is insane but sometimes plays tight(er). Certainly tough to put on a range of hands.

Then you have heated who commits himself to winning the pot at all costs.

A_BUG... LOL.

gertsee is solid.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 PM

yeah i see what your saying about goingdownslow he is pretty steady but i think he's way too passive and relies too much on his cards to be winning solidly, granted he's likley a little better than break even but it will be interesting to see how the new rake structure affects the likes of him.

and yeah mitch i thought 2inthehole was a donk at first too but he seemed to be taking my money more often than not, maybe he was just on heat or had a good read on me but i hate playing with him anyways so avoid him now
Old 07-11-2007, 02:53 AM

by the way, two names from back in the day:

wawawe - i always wondered if he was a winning player - he seemed to push his draws way too aggressively and just run hot, always overestimating the fold equity of his semibluffs or whatever..but i haven't seen him in a long ass time

alwaysfeedthefish - this guy was the BEST player I've ever played against - granted, I haven't played vs. lots of people or anyone of note I don't think, but of all the people I've played with on WPEX, he was absolutely brutal about throwing more money in the pot when he was ahead, position or not in position, and very good and getting away from the hand when he was supposed to. aggressive and relentless as hell and would even make river value bets with a-high. again, haven't seen him in a while, I'm guessing he won a crapload of money and is playing high stakes now
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 AM

I think you give always_feed_the_fish waaaaay too much credit here... he was amongst the better players for sure but i don't think he was as amazing as you make him sound. Who were/are you?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:12 AM

AFTF was good I agree

GoingDownSlow is good

JabbaHursty is bad

Palomino is good

JonTheFox is bad

WeveGotaWinner I'm not really sure, I find him tough to play against, I feel like he runs hot but I guess if I don't like him in my games I say he's good

AlienNipple is bad
Old 07-20-2007, 07:36 AM

did anyone else get the pleasure of playing with tomkat yesterday. I had never seen him before but he sat down and just limped and called down every hand. One thing that amazed me was how poorly a few decent players adjusted to him. For example tomkat limps utg and they would auto isolate with anything. But tomkat was not weak in the sense that he would limp and fold flop if missed. So these guys would isolatewith 55 or 7 suited and tomkat would hit a piece and call 3 streets.