Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Default US Doyle accounts merging with Full Tilt Poker

Official announcement about moving existing balances to Full Tilt were emailed to me tonight.

Seems that Doyle's affiliates will lose out if players have a tilt account.

It is a natural merging though...hope it does more to strengthen USA player support!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Doyle merging with Full Tilt Poker

So what happens if I had an account at Doyle's Room but not full tilt? Do I get rakeback at full tilt now? I know it's probably too early to ask these kind of questions but in case anyone knows.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 PM

this may just be interim until they open a new room, but it seems pretty permanent to me...why would doyle open a new room when he can get paid for players at tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
IMPORTANT MESSAGE CONCERNING YOUR ACCOUNT

19 February 2007

Dear DoylesRoom Player,

This email is intended solely for US-based players at DoylesRoom.com. Please ignore this communication if you are based in any other country.

In view of the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act (“UIGEA”) and the cessation of operations by Neteller and other payment processors, the management of the Doyle Brunson Poker Network (“DBPN”) has reluctantly decided not to permit online real money play by US-based players. We know this will come as a disappointment to you but we have taken the view that the most prudent course of action at this time to ensure the security of player funds is to conduct an orderly withdrawal from the United States market.

Effective immediately, US online poker players will not be permitted to sign up for real money play or deposit funds into existing accounts. Commencing March 1, 2007, all US play on DoylesRoom.com will be blocked and US players will be able to access only the withdrawals page.

You may withdraw your funds at any time or, should you wish to enjoy uninterrupted play, we are pleased to announce that Full Tilt Poker has agreed to accept direct transfer of your account balance. This will give you the opportunity to earn a signup bonus of up to $600 and use your action point balance on their site (terms and conditions apply, see below). This account transfer option will be simple, immediate, and allow you to take advantage of Full Tilt Poker’s wide range of games and tournaments. The transfer feature is available now.

For more details please click here

DBPN assures all its players that their funds are safe but in view of the likely demands on our processing staff in the forthcoming weeks, cashouts may take a little longer than usual to process. We ask that players wishing to withdraw their funds be patient.

DoylesRoom.com will continue to serve non-US players and will increase its focus on Canada, Europe and Asia-Pacific.

We share your disappointment with this news and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You,

The Management
Doyle Brunson Poker Network

Full Tilt Poker is offering a signup bonus of 100% of transferred money up to a maximum of $600. To be eligible for the sign up bonus, players must be making their first deposit on Full Tilt Poker and a minimum balance transfer of $45 is required.

Action Points (“APs”) will be converted to Full Tilt Points (“FTP”) within 7 days of account transfer. Conversion rates as follows:

Doyle’s Club: 4 APs = 1 FTP
VIP: 6 APs = 1 FTP
Other tiers: 12 APs = 1 FTP

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 AM

I'm not clear how this is a merge, at least not based on that single email. If it is, what happens to the non-US players? There is no mention of us, presumably we're still with Doyle's and our money isn't being moved. It sounds to me like Doyle's has permanently given up on serving US customers, has sold their US customer base to FT, and will continue on the new Tribeca/Tain/iPoker network with their non-US base. I have no inside info, I'm just taking that from everything I've read here on 2+2. Can't see why they'd bother with a new network now that they've given up on US players.

Edit to add: For once, I'm feeling a little envious of US players, as this could be a way to get RB on FT.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit to add: For once, I'm feeling a little envious of US players, as this could be a way to get RB on FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

how?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...reading the email again, perhaps not...I guess it all depends on how this plays out. I was thinking if they end up moving players over to FT, existing agreements might stay in place. However, if all they're doing is facilitating balance and points transfers, I imagine it's likely they would shut out affiliates, thus shutting out previous RB arrangements.

All just conjecture, of course.

Hopefully they really are merging, as suggested in the thread title...maybe then RB arrangements would move over as well. It doesn't look that way to me, but one can always hope!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:24 AM

after i reread the email, i believe that doyles'room will continue using that name for non usa players, but will send all their usa traffic to tilt. i am betting doyle has "most favored nation" status with tilt...they may even be getting a percentage of play for existing players who return to tilt. doyle's name will be useful in markteing for tilt, and i am almost willing to bet he will be used. he has already shown up with all the other tilt pros on tv programs.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 AM

PA, I think the title to this thread is very misleading. Perhaps you could change it to - US Doyles Accounts Able to Convert to Full Tilt or something like that.

Non-US players who will be able to play as usual at Doyles Room with their existing deals in place are apt to be confused by the title.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 AM

Does the new title fit the topic better?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the new title fit the topic better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Thank you.