Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go

samsonite,

Edendale DID suck, for quite awhile. Then, suddenly, it got better. Maybe they changed managers or something. Blair's is very good, my wife and I went through a period where we went there every other weekend. A nice restaurant with an excellent beer list is a restaurant I like.

Red Lion is great, had my 30th birthday party there.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 AM

I heard Zankou Chicken change from the fresh minced garlic sauce to some prepackaged creamy [censored] like everyone else has. Say it aint so!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I just remembered one of the best things to do in LA and nobody has mentioned it yet. Get a group together and go see Bill Maher's show live. I've done it twice and it was a lot of fun both times. The tickets are FREE.

[/ QUOTE ]

i recently moved to LA and i love bill maher. can you tell me the best way to go about getting tickets? thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I just remembered one of the best things to do in LA and nobody has mentioned it yet. Get a group together and go see Bill Maher's show live. I've done it twice and it was a lot of fun both times. The tickets are FREE.

[/ QUOTE ]

i recently moved to LA and i love bill maher. can you tell me the best way to go about getting tickets? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

call 323-575-4321 (or toll free at 888-515-4321 for callers outside the Los Angeles area)
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Chimp, re: LA vs SF food. I don't grocery shop much. I just know what tastes good. And I think I'd make a pretty good talent scout when it comes to food. Overall I've been more impressed by LA food than SF's. Or at least it's very close, which is counter to what you're trained to believe living in SF.

My roommate in SF moved out from Kansas City, and all he could talk about was how much better the food was in KC. I don't know if I'd go that far, but he had a point a lot of the time. I told him he should write a column in SF Weekly and call it The Bitchy Gourmet. Food could range from horrible to edible, the highest rating possible being "Good enough for KC". Would have been pretty funny anyway.

Also it's kind of funny you mention dinner parties. I'm 38, and I really thought by this point my weekends would just be dinner party after dinner party after dinner party. But I guess I'm just not dinner party material, because I never get invited to any. And none of my friends ever have them, at least that they tell me about. So you might be right about LA not being a dinner party town.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM

I have no idea about edendale other than I went there for drinks on a Thursday night 6 months ago and it was pretty fun. I can't really compare it to many other places in the area though as I haven't lived in LA, just visited periodically, since I turned 21.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ja - out of curiosity, how much time have you spent in LA? I'm assuming you must be pretty familiar with the city to hate it so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I've spent very little time in LA, and tons of time in LAX. All I know from my experience is that its way too big, way too loud, way too heavily trafficked, way too dirty, and so on. You know, typical complaints. It really probably boils down to me not being a big city type of person, but if I were to choose between SF and LA, it'd be SF in a heartbeat and I can't imagine otherwise. LA does have tons and tons of hot chicks though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 PM

I don't know what you're talking about. LAX is beautiful this time of year. If you can't love spending lots of time in and around LAX, then yeah LA definitely isn't for you.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ja - out of curiosity, how much time have you spent in LA? I'm assuming you must be pretty familiar with the city to hate it so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I've spent very little time in LA, and tons of time in LAX. All I know from my experience is that its way too big, way too loud, way too heavily trafficked, way too dirty, and so on. You know, typical complaints. It really probably boils down to me not being a big city type of person, but if I were to choose between SF and LA, it'd be SF in a heartbeat and I can't imagine otherwise. LA does have tons and tons of hot chicks though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah if youve spent very little time in la, seems like your opinion isnt very valuable.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 AM

Ja is a total idiot, dont take his word for [censored]

LA is a great place if you have some street sense and like culture. let that hippy stay in san diego. we don't want your hemp neckalces here anywaytz