Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Stars Low limit ring games

Is it just me, or have they gotten significantly worse since the whole neteller drama? At 2/4, it is hard to find more than 1 loosie at any given table.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Stars Low limit ring games

i just moved up to 2/4 on stars and it is much looser than 1/2. I am enjoying it.....except for the fact that I am running bad and the donkeys are sucking out insanely on me.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 AM

I've noticed this too. It's depressing to look down the list of 3/6 games and see almost all of the flop percentages in the teens. I moved up to 5/10 recently, though, and have found the action there better, though worse than in its heyday.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 AM

I think stars has always been way too tight. low limit games in the teens flop percentage is insane and a total waste of time IMO.

Stars needs to stop focusing on the whole "save the american player" and focus more on briging in new players from europe who are without doubt much worse than americans in general. There are other countries in the world other than America believe it or not.

No dis-respect to americans, but any half decent american player already plays at stars. The UK and europe is full of party advertisements and this is needed by stars to bring in the fish from europe.

This is the only way stars will truly become the new party poker.

Before you ask i am english and i think its fair to say american sights are tougher than european, but european sights simply don't have enough traffic in limit ring games.

Mr Lee Jones market better in europe my friend. I'm fed up with winning the blinds every time i raise.

BTW - is it me or is pokerstars software just about the most overated poker software there is. Full Tilt and UB are head and shoulders above.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think its fair to say american sights are tougher than european, but european sights simply don't have enough traffic in limit ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies to OP for hijacking the post but i wanted to ask what sites you play on that have all these crap european players?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 AM

party poker is the main one but since they have banned americans the traffic for full ring limit games above 2/4 is non existant. The players at 2/4 and under are the worst i have ever played.

when you play the same limits on stars or full tilt the difference is huge.

I'm not slating every european player (i'm european myself), but quite simply americans have an advantage in that the main poker texts have been out in english way before they came out in european languages with the obvious exception of the UK / Ireland.

The other problem is quite simply fish european players are only exposed to the advertising of party poker. How many full tilt and pokerstars adverts have you seen in europe. Not many. Whereas party poker is on all the advertising boards at most of the main sporting events appealing to the casual player.

The good european players play at stars, full tilt including myself because of the lack of games on party at decent limits now, but the fish european players don't.

Therefore, if you want to play a loose game against fish above 3/6 its not easy to find anymore.

Getting these fish into stars, full tilt would improve online poker hugely and the only way is to advertise to the masses, not just americans where the american fish are now too worried to deposit.

Good American players will always find a way to deposit and stars is quite rightly finding new ways to do this, but making a poker site with the major empahsis for Americans is contributing to the lack of good games available, if it is diverting attention away from getting fish into the site.

Basically, pokerstars is doing the right thing regarding the American legsilations situation, but at the same time they should be marketing aggresively in europe which they are not
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 AM

Yep, badness. Still very beatable though, just have to defeat the tighties instead of the loosies. Can make 1 BB/100 without too much effort, but it used to be far better.

I tried 6max and it's amazing how many horrible players are there compared to full ring. Seriously horrible players... I'm down 170 BB currently.

Stars is quite popular here actually, but people mostly play micros. Europe is not a country btw.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 AM

The low limit full ring HE games at Stars can be quite rockish at times, but there are times of the day where you can find games that can be good. The best times coincide with (1) the afternoon in the UK, (2) the evening hours in the U.S. and (3) the early mornings in the U.S. EST. If you are playing in the early evenings in the U.K., that's probably the worst time.

Stars must be doing some marketing in Europe. It seems like there are more and more Euros playing. There are times when I am the only American at a table.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think stars has always been way too tight. low limit games in the teens flop percentage is insane and a total waste of time IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played on Stars for about 3 months now, and while the games have always been pretty tight, they seem considerably tighter recently.

And I don't know if I would go as far to say they are a waste of time. They are beatable.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 AM

highly recommend Ultimate Bet. Much looser than stars as long as your happy playing 2 tables as traffic is not as good