Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: NL25 I 3bet QQ prefl, cold-call behind me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have a bit more than 1/2 of your stack in already. Your c-bet basically pot-committed you. I'd call but I wouldn't be real happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you check that flop? Or make a bet of a smaller size?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually glad you asked. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was just thinking about editing my first post to get more of a discussion going about the optimal flop line.

I was chatting with a 6-max friend yesterday on AIM, and I mentioned that I play terribly in 3-bet pots as I always find myself committed when I don't really want to be. He suggested that I bet too much on the flop in a 3-bet pot. It was his recommendation that the bet be somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 rather than my standard 3/4 or so. This seems reasonable to me, and on this flop it would have made the difference in being committed and not. On the downside, we aren't HU here so I'm not certain whether a smaller bet would be wise.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea. I bet between 50% and 80% of pot in 3bet pots and 2/3 to full pot in once raised pots. You should definitely be cbetting a lower % of pot on average in 3bet pots than you would in normal spots.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: NL25 I 3bet QQ prefl, cold-call behind me

Once you three bet preflop and get two callers I don't think your ever getting away here. Even if you were to check and villain shoves I think we need to call because we have too much equity.