Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ AJs

[ QUOTE ]

Don't raise AJ from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew.

Joking aside, this forum is a resource for advise and information. If you're folding AJ, let alone AJ suited, in EP at a normal table you need to reassess your game.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 PM

I think typical Vegasites are more likely to cold call a pre-flop raise with A-xs than pocket pairs. So he might well have Ac-xc and your hand it still good.

Yet when a guy raises the turn when the 8c comes, the most likely explanation is that the 8c helped his hand. So you could be drawing dead.

Since we don't know anything about this kid, I guess I'd call him down and find something out and maybe win the pot.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since we don't know anything about this kid, I guess I'd call him down and find something out and maybe win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Folding seems weak tight. Raising would be spew. So just call down and lose a majority of the time.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, I am having a hard time responding to your threads because of the "fun with .." titles. Something about it just annoys me but I can't tell you why. Maybe it is the lack of originality making it hard to distinguish one hand from the next or that it just seems flat out gay since most of these hands aren't fun. Anyway, I don't know if it is just me or others as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome post, surfdoc. I agree completely but I'm glad someone else said it. Dude has been doing this for over 3 years, so I've just come to accept it now -- and he seems like a nice enough guy that complaining about it felt petty. However, you stated it so eloquently I'm jealous you got to it first.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Fun with Surfdoc

That's better, no?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Call down.
As for PF, I'm sure I would have raised too, but i kinda like limping in EP at a semi-loose table.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Fun with Surfdoc

[ QUOTE ]
Fun with Surfdoc

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good if you were a little younger, a little blonder, a little more female, and had a little nicer rack.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Fun with Surfdoc

I have to agree here, you're probably up against a set or a AcXc. I call and call any non river club. You're getting 5 to 1 on your calldown.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise AJ from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLLMAOMFINGROFL2P2RAWWR

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM

I have started to re-evaluate my play in these situations. In the 10/20 I play, the guy cold calling almost always has a set. I know this because I always call... If not a set then likely a two pair. Your villain could conceivably have 75s.

Your guy could also have AXs in clubs without the two pair as Andy Fox mentioned - seeing as he hesitated pre-flop and you were getting 5-7 players to the flop. Maybe he won't bet the river too... Thats what I say to myself when I call this bet. And there is the slightest of chances he has ATs or A9s non-clubs and is a tricky player.

I am trying to hold back on the turn, even with others in, so the pot stays small enough that I can get away from this, unless I know the cold caller is a calling station. I lean in the direction of: if I don't know the player I assume he is not tricky. But that is 10/20. 30/60 I don't know.