Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Review this hand

An old PP hand;

I limp in MP w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO limps, emmy_liz raises the button, blinds fold, me and the CO call.

7.25 SB's

Flop

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, emmy bets I raise, CO folds, emmy 3-bets, i call

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check (i planned on check raising)

River

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bet/3 bet, check/call, or bet/call?

Flop action looks a lot like AK, KK or AA for emmy, with it being slanted heavily towards AK.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Review this hand

[ QUOTE ]
I limp in MP w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="red">O.K.</font>

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
7.25 SB's

Flop

9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Turn

4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="red">O.K. (I would simply bet).</font>

[ QUOTE ]
River

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">bet/3 bet</font>
[ QUOTE ]
Flop action looks a lot like AK, KK or AA for emmy, with it being slanted heavily towards AK.

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="red">If you say so. (I wouldn't).</font>

Buzz
Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 AM

I bet and three bet the river. I don't see the value of going for a check raise on the turn, but don't have a clue who emmy is, so maybe there is a reason for it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An old PP hand;

I limp in MP w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

7.25 SB's

Flop

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cap flop
Lead turn
bet/call river possibly check call

Also I raise pf first in if reasonable chance to pick up blinds
Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 AM

why get all tricky? cap the flop and lead the turn sounds good to me, if she raises the turn I'd slow down.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 AM

Unless emmy_liz is a rock who would only raise preflop with Aces I would bet / 3-bet the river.

I would have bet the turn also.

- chaos
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM

Bet/call river seems like the best line to me... if emmy checked behind on the turn, is he going to raise on the river with anything less than A9/AA? I think if you get raised you're unlikely to be ahead.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 AM

Is this the same player that usually plays $30-60? If I can recall (haven't played PP in a while), he's definitely one of the better, and more aware players in that game. And, if he raised it preflop and then raised you on the flop. I think he's doing it with AA. But whether it's AA or some other hand, if he's a good player (and I think he is) then that also means that he's capable of much more. I don't think he's doing it with air, but I do think he'd 3-bet you with AA and especially if he's in position. And, I also think that he's going to play it safe from that point on. If you bet, I definitely think he'll call you, but if you check the turn, I think he takes the free card. Plus, if he does hold AA and puts you on Kx, he's really not giving up that much by checking the turn anyway seeing that the flop contained a pair (ie; it's not like he's allowing you to make 2 pair for free).

So, I think you need to play it harder and cap the flop and just lead the turn. You most likely have him drawing slim...the pot is big...bet your hand, forget the checkraise against this guy. Oh, and the river, I think it's close, but becuase the flop was 3-bet and then checked on the turn, MOST of time, from your better players, you are looking at AA. That said, I'm definitely not going to allow for this river to go to 3 bets (maybe 2, bet/call a raise)or check/call. Minus the read, and I would bet/call a raise.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 AM

I struggle to see the value in a bet/3-bet. Dont most players just call here with AK on the river? Seems like you will occasionally get bluff raised on the river, but if 3 bets go in you probably only get money from a worse boat. It's unlikely you are beat by anything except AAA here given villains flop/turn combination, however I think you see AAA here often enough to want to avoid putting in 4-bets here on the river when you are beat. I like bet/call.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I struggle to see the value in a bet/3-bet. Dont most players just call here with AK on the river? Seems like you will occasionally get bluff raised on the river, but if 3 bets go in you probably only get money from a worse boat. It's unlikely you are beat by anything except AAA here given villains flop/turn combination, however I think you see AAA here often enough to want to avoid putting in 4-bets here on the river when you are beat. I like bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bet/call. A river raise means AA way too often here. And a good player without AA, A9 or KK (which is far less likely now) could never call a 3-bet on the river.