Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Raise this turn? 100PLO full ring

Reads/history:

MP1: Saw him playing a straight straightforwardly so I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a set here. Other hand he check called with something like AQJ9 on a K62 board having no flush draw. Just a limped pot but still something to think about.

SB: I saw him stabbing when checked to on the button in a 6-way raised pot with air. Just played a pot with him where I check raised aces with nut flush draw and a gutshot and lost to his raw top two pair.

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $85.30
UTG+1: $72.27
MP1: $151.77
MP2: $106.63
Hero: $100
Button: $311.43
SB: $271.60
BB: $39.43

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17.5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17.5, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero?

I'm pretty sure that sb could just be stabbing here and don't think MP1 has much but they may call with weak hands thinking I'm tilted.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Raise this turn? 100PLO full ring

I don't love a raise here in general, but given you image I love it even less. You have have a good draw with 12 outs to the nuts. Additionally if the board pairs, especially one of the two lower cards, you will be in a good position to pick off a bluff with aces up. I think calling is the better play.

Additionally, If MP is in there with a draw, you want him to hit it ( hopefully smaller clubs) and pay you off.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 AM

He is betting into a huge field. I don't like a raise here. You can consider betting the flop, because it is pretty ragged flop, but with that many villains, I prefer a check.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:54 AM

This flop is a nice spot to C-bet even 5 handed.
If you don`t take this pot down with a C-bet you will at least narrow the field (hopefully HU).
A raise from the button or a CR from the rest will give you much more info on their holdings.
I don`t see how you can put people on hands if you play passively.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM

Yeh this board is so uncoordinated that I would probably bet my aces on the flop. A flop checkraise is usually going to mean you are toast here. Bet 12-14 on the flop.