Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

Someone write a new cliffnotes thread. Seems like stuff has happened. Seems like lots more useless posts have happened as well, though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found this interesting From P5's:

You'll never guess who called....AP?
by BigSanka on 10/19/2007 18:55

Yes, AP called me and informed me that they will be putting $500.00 into my acct. as a result of my personal information being sent out in the infamous HH. AJKhoosier posted the other day about receiving an email from APwatchdog, the same email I received, so I can only imagine that all users who's personal info. was made public will receive the same $500.00. In my brief conversation the rep. sounded as though they were making a lot of these calls, but didn't give out any new info.

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/71799506-...BF161EF92.aspx

I am speechless. I cannot believe that this is their explanation. They are pirates, and have no intention of cleaning up the mess.

The next question is whether the Mohawk Nation will act as actual regulators, or a sham rubber stamp.

Maybe a logical next step is to pressure non-rogue sites into leveraging their relationships with the commission to insure that its not a sham. if AP can just stand up and say, uhhh, "our dog ate our homework" without repercussions the perception of online poker will take a real hit. Hopefully, KGC will step up here and demand completely transparency and full disclosure.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found this interesting From P5's:

You'll never guess who called....AP?
by BigSanka on 10/19/2007 18:55

Yes, AP called me and informed me that they will be putting $500.00 into my acct. as a result of my personal information being sent out in the infamous HH. AJKhoosier posted the other day about receiving an email from APwatchdog, the same email I received, so I can only imagine that all users who's personal info. was made public will receive the same $500.00. In my brief conversation the rep. sounded as though they were making a lot of these calls, but didn't give out any new info.

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry:

http://www.pocketfives.com/71799506-...BF161EF92.aspx
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 PM

The PPA should spend less resources on something huge they can't control (the UIGEA) and more resources on current injustices in the poker community.

They could be extremely powerful and do a lot of good, and they are wasting their time and money.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm still trying to decide who scammed us more- the PPA or Absolute. I'm out nothing to Absolute, down a couple of hundred to the PPA.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ike,
Keep in mind that the "mob" of posters here helped put pressure on AP to realize they had a serious problem and have brought them this much closer to the truth. Granted, the investigators did a lot and deserve most of the credit, but without the screaming mob, it would have gone nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but the bad side of the mob is that every player who went on a hot streak in donkaments on AP gets accused of cheating. There needs to be a balance between the witch-hunting side of the mob and the righteous indignation of the mob. The former has been the driving force of these threads for awhile, the latter attitude was the main theme of the earlier threads.

EDIT to add: The inclusion of bot talk and PPA discussion illustrates this well.

I spoke on the phone with someone high up at AP. While this is not a confidential source of mine, he asked me to not name him specifically. I'm going to honor that wish.

Either way, we talked for about 15 minutes and he explained their stance, I explained my stance, etc, etc. He was very nice and thanked me for my work. Among other things, he said that "geek" was not a correct term to be used here and if someone said that it was not what AP meant.

In addition, he said that AP will clean up and go after the person (persons?) who are responsible.

He said lots of other things, but I don't remember a lot of it word for word and I don't want to misquote. The general gist of the convo was that "AP takes this stuff seriously" followed by "Great, I'd be happy to help" and so on. So the bottom line is that he said all of the right things and, if he's telling the truth, then I believe that AP will come out of this an improved and effective organization. If he's feeding me a pile of crap then we're right back where we've been for the last month.

Lastly, he said they would involve me as a helper or reviewer in some capacity in the audit. I don't know what I'll get to see, but I assume I'll hear more about this as time goes on. I will keep 2p2 updated.

$500 just for being a railbird or did he play?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, he said they would involve me as a helper or reviewer in some capacity in the audit. I don't know what I'll get to see, but I assume I'll hear more about this as time goes on. I will keep 2p2 updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty huge.

For the millionth time, thanks for doing this.
Closed Thread