Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Venetian: Changes in the cash NL games/Tournaments/Comps

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:40 AM

figure til approx 3-3:30am if there is no chop.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 PM

How much is the poker room rate? Also I have heard they spread a low limit HORSE game. What are the blinds and how often is it going? Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM

$169 Sun-Thurs
$249 Fri-Sat

If you gamble at all (i.e. use your players card in the slot machines or at the table games) you will get better deals through the mail for room rates around $100-$150, but they are only sent sporadically.

Regarding the horse game, it is usually 6/12 Limit, and runs during peak hours/days (i.e. evenings and weekends).

Somtimes it is a Mixed Game instead of Horse. On any busy night that it is not going, just start a list, and once announced, people sign up right away.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:12 PM

the issue that remains is that the venetian has attracted a very large number of local nits

when I sit in a game and I'm not only the youngest person, but there are 5 people over the age of 60, I know I'm not in for a good time...

eitherway, I'm torn on the venetian, the games are plentiful and the lists are reasonable and the physical nature of the room is excellent (size/space b/w tables) but the action just plain sucks balls, from 2/5 to 5/10NL

I'm not so sure adding a larger cap to the buy will change the action, we'll see. (on that note though the palms spreads a 2/5 1Kmax game and its quite crazy but I guess it all depends on your table draw)

and HOWARD BURROUGHS, GOOD TO SEE YOUR ALIVE
Old 08-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Hi Surf,

Nice to hear you are doing well.

FWIW.....The 2-5 I was in last night/this morning (V) was Nucking Futs!!!

The $1000 cap + insane players = $4000 & $5000 stacks. Some players soon had stacks of black (on top of mountains of red). A $45 bring-in would have 9 players seeing the flop. A $100 UTG bring-in would have 4 players seeing the flop.

No nits in that game (last night). YMMV.

Oh yea, I lost almost $1000 with top set. Time to hit my 2+2 books!

Happy pokering,

Howard
Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Just got back last night 8-1. Played 5 str8 night's at the V. It was good to great every night. 2 5-10NL games every night. Just look for the best table. The wait was 30-45 minutes at 8-10 PM then play all night. 4-5 1-2 and 2-5 NL games. Several 40-80 games which I see posted were full of 2+2 ers.
$3 comps at 5-10 and they gave my son $3 at 1-2. Make sure they have your hours right when you check out. Also you have to get a written comp from the Poker room before going to the restaurant. You would think they would just swipe the card.
The Grand Lux is WONDERFUL. Great food, reasonably priced. We got $150 in comps and ate 3 meals like Kings.
I used to Love Bellagio but I never made it there or the Wynn. I heard they had long lists and why bother?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Times games get higher comps (not sure the $ amount)

[/ QUOTE ]
i played the 5-10 there a couple nights ago, i was told by a floorperson that we got $3/hr.

beautiful room, but the game was a pretty boring nitfest. i was straddling every round trying to drive some action but it never really materialized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found a 2-5NL at Venetian last Saturday night to be a pretty boring nitfest as well. I racked up after about 30 minutes. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the WSOP has brought in mostly nits.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found a 2-5NL at Venetian last Saturday night to be a pretty boring nitfest as well. I racked up after about 30 minutes. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the WSOP has brought in mostly nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were there since day 1

hopefully as howard says, the game will pick up due to deeper buy in stacks...even though I'd rather play at bellagio with 1/3 of the table being clueless than play at the venetian where 1/5 of the table is clueless
Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 PM

I just got back from a short 1/2 session (the 1/3 table was severly deep stacked, and they were starting a new 1/2).

Aside from myself, there was only one other local. One ATM sat down and single handedly made the table profitable (going all in with two pair made on the river on a flush/straight board and getting called by with with the turned nut flush). Played only 2 hours and 2.5x my buy in off that one guy.

Rest of the table was straight out middle aged and younder tourists.

At the low level NL games, I have found that the internet WSOP knockout kids generally make the table profitable, but maybe its just me. I'm sure its the same in all other rooms as well at this level.

They were starting a mixed game when I left, and already had some higher (above 2/5) NL tables and 40/80 going. Room was plenty busy.

I think that the local nits are generally dissapearing now that the freeroll qualification period has ended, but there are (and probably always will be) a few (like me) that remain just because of the room comfort/quality. Of course, being a low limit NL player, I don't have ot worry about them not having a game I will like.