Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Worst Performance in the NFL This Week

Vinatieri missed 2 FG's and a typically short kickoff led to a TD return. he must win
Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vinatieri missed 2 FG's and a typically short kickoff led to a TD return. he must win

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of the games I saw today, that would be my choice. Sounds crazy to say it, but Manning didn't play that horribly in spite of the six INTs.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of the games I saw today, that would be my choice. Sounds crazy to say it, but Manning didn't play that horribly in spite of the six INTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

100%

Cody
Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100%

RF

[/ QUOTE ]

Nods to Baltimore O too
Old 11-12-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Breaking down Manning's INTs:

The one by Phillips was an outstanding defensive play. When a DE tips and interecpts a smoke screen there isn't much to say. He earned that one.

One of the the INTs by Cromartie was an incrdible play by him, another was heavily influenced by Reggie Wayne quitting on the pattern.

The one by Hart was a meaningless heave at the end of the game.

It wasn't one of Manning better days but he definitely wasn't the reason they lost.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 AM

Everyone saying that peyton isnt the reason they lost-

Do you really think the colts still would have lost if he had only thrown 0-2 interceptions? That being a wide standard range for him.

Having one really bad game isnt that uncommon.
Romo played just as bad earlier this year, but against the bills so it was almost impossible to lose that game
Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 AM

"Anyone playing in the Bills Dolphins game" - Lol, Cleo was awesome IMO.

I think Ravens offense is the clear winner. You almost have to try to suck to get pwned by the Bengals D at home.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dozens of candidates.
Manning, The whole Vikings team, Ravens offense, Anyone playing in the Bills Dolphins game, Cincy redzone offense, Adam Vinateri, Saints defense,
Brian Griese, Grossman, Bollinger, McCown, Vinny, Harrington and Brodie Croyle all played significant minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Norv Turner. Bad challenges, Bad playcalling. Bad offense. I hope he gets locked in a stuck elevator with Edge for 24 hours.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 AM

I'd vote for Norv, too. He was handed 14 points by the special teams, plus 5 uncharacteristic Manning INTs (I won't even count the last one) and seemed completely at a loss with how to deal with it, like he was so ready to call a tight game, he had no idea what to do.

SB champs be damned, YOU were the best team in the league last year (with basically unchanged, if not improved, personnel), and the Colts are banged up as hell coming off a disheartening loss, and you have them on the ropes in your own building. Step on their [censored] throats!

Instead, he got FPS syndrome, and kept zigging when he should be zagging all game, not to mention two patently terrible challenges. Even for the huge variance of the Colts defensive TD, he has to take much of the blame. Damn, he got lucky to get a win out of that travesty.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 PM

Devin Hester deserves mention. Either somebody stole his jersey or the Raiders contained him really well. Hester had multiple chances and his only notable return was called back for a hold. He also had 2 punt returns for negative yards.

That being said the Ravens offense doing nothing against the Bengals is pretty bad.