Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Default AA on KQ board

Vilains are 35/17/4 and 41/0/0.5 on not many hands.

I'm quite sure I should have folded somewhere but I can't see where because the pot odds were very nice all way long.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $218.10
CO: $121.45
BTN: $133.40
SB: $198.95
BB: $135.70

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16</font>, BB calls $16, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($58.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $24</font>, BB calls $24, Hero calls $24

River: ($130.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $64</font>, BB calls $64, Hero calls $64
Old 11-10-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: AA on KQ board

well, if you're going to call down, i personally like reraising the flop to shut out the other caller. You're really only worried about 2 made hands, KQ, and 55, but this is a draw heavy flop. If the BB folds the flop to the C/R, i may call down, but his cold call SCREAMS flush draw, or maybe even JT for the OESD...i say shut him out. Reraise to 65, shove turn or call AI on turn.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM

I think the call on the flop is ok, although c/minraise is often a pretty strong hand. With Villain2 coldcalling, the
situation becomes somewhat difficult; he could be doing this on a draw or a monster; nevertheless, with 50.5:8 (or ~6:1)
odds you cant fold here.

So now the turn blanks and SB bets below half potsize and Villain two calls cold again. I would fold here because villain leading into two players after two calls on the flop
indicates a strong hand, at least two pair or better. Villain2's call might still be a draw but could be a monster as well (which he doesnt protect but fish tend to do so) so you have to worry about him as well. Your only getting 4:1 odds on a call (apx.) and will often be confronted with a river bet, so this is an easy fold, unless you have strong reads on your opponents.

With the river being a card to complete one of the most likely draws (JT) and villain1 leading into two players (AGAIN) and villain2 calling again, this becomes an totally
easy fold; there is almost nothing you beat that will c/r the flop and bet turn and river. Villain2 has you beat quite often as well, although he might have a lonely king as well.
So you might sometimes beat one of the both players, but almost never both;

hope i could help,
coldi

Edit: The proposal from the post above is one i personally dont like; reraising the flop will drive out most draws, yes, but all hands that beat you will call or shove, and almost no hands you are beating will call (i dont think KJ
or KT would pay of a reraise) so i think calling and hoping for a cheap showdown is the better line; at least you got position.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 PM

i 3bet the flop and get it in on the turn
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 AM

At this limit, plenty of hands you beat are calling your raise on the flop.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 AM

Getting it in on the flop is gross.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting it in on the flop is gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross as in good or gross as in bad?

I think I'm re-raising this flop. If he pushes to my raise then I think, but I get that third player out and still think I'm ahead.

BTW, preflop raise more? I'm not 100% familiar with those limits but your raise seems small.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:24 AM

Should point out the stack sizes OP. With only 100bb stacks I'd be way more inclined to 3bet the flop and stack off but not in this spot.