Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 60$ - JJ early

[ QUOTE ]
Once you call here with the stacks you're pretty much committed to going to the felt on a flop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are still crushed on the flop as played flop should be a check fold, but preflop is really bad. This is probably a fold with QQ and kind of close with KK.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once you call here with the stacks you're pretty much committed to going to the felt on a flop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are still crushed on the flop as played flop should be a check fold, but preflop is really bad. This is probably a fold with QQ and kind of close with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not giving some winning unknown that much credit to ever not shove preflop with KK.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 PM

fold pf
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:58 PM

I've folded to a preflop bet like this a few times. At least once they've shown aces. This looks like one of the top three hands to me. I don't mind the call if you both had around 2000, but here I would decide to either fold or shove to the reraise. As played, try to milk it for value postflop because you're not folding anyway.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:06 PM

I totally I agree I could find a fold here pre - given this dude's ROI. But I wouldn't know that anymore because SS is banned, so I don't mess with it ingame. It's questionable if I ever got much value out of it anyway. Close enough that I don't mind just chucking it.

My point is that IF you do call, you have to be ready to get it all in on a low flop. His stack is too small, any bet you make will commit you. And if you just check fold, that means you were calling only for set value, with horrendous odds.

Whatever his ROI is, he's going to open up a little with a 1200 chips than he would be with 1500. I could find a fold with JJ. I probably call QQ and shove KK+. Also knowing how he lost his 300 chips would be huge here, possibly bigger than anything Sharkscope can tell you.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying just because we made a mistake preflop doesn't mean we should make the problem worse by making another mistake postflop. On the flop it goes c/f>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>> c/r>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>> bet/anything.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 PM

I mean more about the QQ and KK stuff. How could KK be close? The only info. we have on this guy is he ran well over < 1000 sngs at lower buyins. People play funny when they're taking a shot, and when they've already lost 300 chips. Maybe he one-tabled the $16s and played like a lag-tard with good reads.

Also I think once you call, even if it was a mistake, the best play is to stay with the hand. And the most important factor, obviously is to have a plan for the hand if you call pre.