Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: This Season of SNL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Shannon and Gasteyer as the two best chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think the 2 best chicks are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to think that hard about it, but I definitely think Jan Hooks deserves more credit. And what about Cheri Oteri?

Edit: Yeah somehow missed Oteri on the list.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Shannon and Gasteyer as the two best chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think the 2 best chicks are?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to pick two, probably Oteri and Dratch. Poehler and Fey are close though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dratch was awesome, and I could honestly probably put her at 13, ahead of Oteri but Oteris first couple years (with Wil Ferrell) on the new cast really saved the show imo.

Poehler was ineligible for my list as she's still a member.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 PM

And Molly Shannon was incredible. She freaking showed off her goddamn cameltoe for Pete's sake. She was the best female from the late-80's onward. No doubt.

What about the rest of my list? Top 5? Top 10? Any disputes?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And Molly Shannon was incredible. She freaking showed off her goddamn cameltoe for Pete's sake. She was the best female from the late-80's onward. No doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Top 5 looks pretty good to me. WRT to Molly Shannon, did you like the Mary Katherine Gallagher skits?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM

My favorite season from my adolescence is the 1995-1996 one, right after they cleaned house (basically keeping Norm MacDonald and Tim Meadows and getting rid of everyone else-- plus one more season from Mark McKinney and David Spade, and David Koechner and Nancy Walls' only seasons).

I thought the show was really well written and had a lot of good sketches; they took many more chances than the old cast and writers had been, and it paid off. The season finale (Jim Carrey / Soundgarden) is one of my favorite episodes.

Unfortunately, the next year they were already in decline again.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Top 5 looks pretty good to me. WRT to Molly Shannon, did you like the Mary Katherine Gallagher skits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not especially. Although I did like the fact that she's jump around and get physical and probably hurt herself and show off her underwear. She is definitely committed to making her audience laugh. The skits themselves were kinda meh.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Nath, that season was definitely a re-birth for the show. I'll always remember my reaction to Wil Ferrell's first skit: "GET OFF OF THE SHED!!!" His humor was really weird at first, but his genius couldn't be appreciated right away by common mortals. Ferrell/Oteri basically saved SNL.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:16 PM

PHB,
It's really hard to separate some of those guys career from there SNL career. I feel Norm MacDonald, Kevin Nealon,Mark McKinney, Jon Lovitz, Chris Rock, Dennis Miller, Michael McKean are all funnier and more talented than Fallon, Kattan and Sanz, but as SNL cast members it is closer.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 PM

Yeah I still crack up everytime I watch Will's best of dvd.

I don't think there is any huge star on the show right now.

Kristin, Hader, Andy are all funny at times but they have to be in a really good sketch to work or sometimes they are painful to watch. Kristin is probably closest to being above the writing of the sketch she is in
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PHB,
It's really hard to separate some of those guys career from there SNL career. I feel Norm MacDonald, Kevin Nealon,Mark McKinney, Jon Lovitz, Chris Rock, Dennis Miller, Michael McKean are all funnier and more talented than Fallon, Kattan and Sanz, but as SNL cast members it is closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was trying to just rank their work on the show itself. It is tough to do because nearly all male cast members go on to do at least 2 motion pictures or more.

I was expecting to get bombarded with "OMG u just put Wil Ferrell at the top because u like Talladega nights have u ever even watched SNL OMG!" lol. But honestly, I still think Wil is at the top of the list. If not for Wil, Mike Myers is definitely #1. Wil was priceless on the show. I wish they'd just come out with a box set of every single Wil skit on the show. Even if he had a minor role.

His cowbell cameo during the Queens of the Stone Age performance was instant classic.