Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 PM

Default NL100: Over Pair on Paired Flop

No read on villain as I have only played 10 hands with him. Would trips check raise this flop??

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP1: $100
MP2: $197.30
CO: $128.50
BTN: $98.20
SB: $197
BB: $74
UTG: $99.40
Hero (UTG+1): $122.05

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 4 folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $27</font>, BB folds, Hero...

[/i]
Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: NL100: Over Pair on Paired Flop

It would be unusual to see 9x played so fast on this board so I'd be inclined to say that's not it.

Could certainly be a midpair getting frisky. I'd probably call here instead of raise as I'd hate for you to put in half your stack to see a shove. I imagine if you called he'd shut down, particularly if paint card comes.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 AM

I would give him credit for the 9 a large % of the time here b/c he is raising into 2 other people and he is OOP. He has to be scared that someone has a hand and most players at 100nl aren't willing to bluff off a lot of chips. Calling his raise here and seeing how he reacts on the turn isn't horrible b/c he will likely shut down if he doesn't have it. Or you could just dump it b/c it looks very strong on his part, tough spot with no reads.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 AM

i think the only good line here is calling the flop and re-evaluating, unless you have a read that he will a) is a nit who will only raise with the goods, b) is a pretty loose donk who would stack off lighter than JJ, when you should obviously a) fold and b) pooosh. without a strong read, however i think you need to call here, this seems to be pairs TT and lower a lot IMO
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 AM

PF action maybe lower PP but c/r i dont think so unless hes tricky like someone said. I would put him at A9s or JJ-AA, basically ahead right now.

If i was Vil i would think PP or AK-AQ type hand. i would fold your hand.

But this maybe wrong. Take 1 stab then c/f rest of the way best line for this?