Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 100K hand checkup @ NL200

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like i steal a decent amount for the # of tables i play. but i never, ever, steal from CO and Button in the same orbit. If a CO PF raise takes down the pot, and I have a slightly better hand next when I'm on the button (QTs vs QTo), or (KTs compared to QTo), then I'm not going to try to steal again.

probably a leak? i just hate getting played back at from the blind, especially since you have such a marginal holding.

that being said, do most of your blinds steal occur on the button or the CO? i think you can probably open up a lot more in the CO when you're playing a bigger game. At the lower limits, the button is usually going to be calling any raise you make from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do attempt to limit my steals on any given table. Having my pfr and ATS stats for each table on display helps when 8 tabling.

It cannot be a leak to not steal when you fear getting played back at - by definition, stealing is with a weak hand.

I generally steal mostly from the Hijack and CO. Button steals are so obvious. At higher limits (I'm only talking $100 to $400NL) your steals are not called by the Button - they are 3bet - even worse, as you don't even get to see a flop with your weak hand.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:55 PM

If I only saw your went to showdown % + Won at showdown % I would be sure u have atleast 4ptbb/100. I have smaller went to showdown and alot worse won at showdown but still run at 4ptbb/100.

Somethings leaking for sure and I belive its valuebetting. Too much checking behind rivers and other streets. And because of that u have higher wonATsd (naturally because sometimes they actually fold the worst hand when u valuebet).
Old 06-08-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont adjust enough your hand range depending on position. I belive u should have twice as bigger vpip on button than UTG. VPIP 13 UTG + 17 BUTTON tells me u dont know the value of position
Old 06-08-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that VPIP of 20% is too high from SB?

I don't think you should be completing with hands you wouldn't limp behind with from the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. My Vpip from SB is 22%, 23% from the CO and 24% from the Button. I often feel as if I complete a little light.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never, ever, steal from CO and Button in the same orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]
major leak. it's your job to piss off the blinds. you want them to dread you sitting there. that also increases the chances of them playing back at you when you have a big hand.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that VPIP of 20% is too high from SB?

I don't think you should be completing with hands you wouldn't limp behind with from the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. My Vpip from SB is 22%, 23% from the CO and 24% from the Button. I often feel as if I complete a little light.

[/ QUOTE ]

But your SB is lower (even though slightly) than CO and Button, but his is 3pts higher than Button and 2 higher than CO.

I didn't really meant that 20 was too high, just that it was out of line with his other stats.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:14 PM

OP, you are too tight from LP.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 PM

raise att steal to 30-50%

stop set mining vs players who are outplaying you postflop and not going broke to you enough

start folding more to aggression when you have marginal made hands but are in early position (e.g. start folding AA). What is happening is, you are raising a tight range utg and people know this, so then they are reading your hand and are only only putting significant money in the pot when they have one pair beat.

That last one is a huge one; you should be positive utg.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks everyone. I will report back in 100K hands.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
start folding more to aggression when you have marginal made hands but are in early position (e.g. start folding AA). What is happening is, you are raising a tight range utg and people know this, so then they are reading your hand and are only only putting significant money in the pot when they have one pair beat.

That last one is a huge one; you should be positive utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

See the Shania posts in the MTT forum.