Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ?
Call? 68 68.69%
Fold? 31 31.31%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Stars treats me like I [censored] her daughter then pushed her hom

Meeting up w/ Wookie mini-TR

Wookie did a pretty good job of summing it up. However I'll add:

[ QUOTE ]
The pint was great -- Nix's ability to find the Dinosaur, not so. Ah well, he found it eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting there wasn't the hard part. I found out it's only 4 miles and 3 turns from my house. Parking however was rough. After not finding a spot right away, I turned down a side street which had no parking and no turnoffs that took me in the wrong direction. I decided to make a U-turn, but in mid turn, I thought I saw a cop, so I just made a normal left handed turn onto what turned out to be the expressway. An expressway that didn't have another exit for a few miles. Eventually I found my way back.

[ QUOTE ]
We chatted about sweet toys he's designing for Jack Bauer while we waited for our table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wookie has done some interesting research as well. However, he subtly reminded my why I don't like thermodynamics and that making explosives > theory.

[ QUOTE ]
We eventually got seated in the bar area. Nix wisely settled on a pint of the Rohrbach Scotch ale (unprompted by me, I might add). I got a bottle of the Victory Storm King imperial stout. For dinner, Nix got the LOLWTFBBQ chicken with Cajun corn and fries. Me, playing stakes 10x as high, opted for the pulled pork, ribs, and prime rib combo with mashed potatoes and gravy and the tomato and cucumber salad, which is both significantly more balla and more unexploitable than any number of organic chickens or peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beer was very good. Food was excellent too and I'm pretty particular when it comes to BBQ chicken (Tail O' The Pup, anyone?).

[ QUOTE ]
of course, poker and a necessary meet up at the TStone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this should definitely happen.

Overall, it was good trip as Wookie was pretty cool and fun to hang out with
Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 AM

This is from last weekends Montreal race. Kubica came away with only a sprained ankle and a slight concussion. He was almost cleared to race this weekend in Indy. amazing.

crasty nashem up

they said he was doing about 170mph at impact.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:40 AM

A decent sign that you should end a session early:

Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM

I love how an Indy driver races at 170mph in a bathtub with a rollcage, if that. Take that NASCAR.

WB Remy. In the six months you've been gone, Frete and I have graduated from being healthily rolled for .10/.20 to $2/$4 and above while Riku is still puttering away at .25/.50. Each at his own speed, I guess. Jeanbaptiste is MIA as is Martybonus. Those are the only ones I can remember. Get back to that pokering, boss, let's kick some ass!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 AM

I don't watch F1, but I'm not buying that he was going 170 mph. Not coming out of a slight bend and into a hairpin turn. Now, 170 kph I'd buy, and usually F1 television broadcasts, even ones here in the U.S., use klicks. That's about 100-ish mph, which is still not a fun weekend, but probably not life-threatening.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

After spending nearly a week in Reno I can report:

beat: I bowled like [censored]. I lost $80 in bracket mobnies.

brag: The 3/6 full kill games there are soooo soft.

variance: I had one session down $100, one down 19 and one down 1. The rest were + $50-130. Wife was down $500 in slots, back to even then down $300.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't watch F1, but I'm not buying that he was going 170 mph. Not coming out of a slight bend and into a hairpin turn. Now, 170 kph I'd buy, and usually F1 television broadcasts, even ones here in the U.S., use klicks. That's about 100-ish mph, which is still not a fun weekend, but probably not life-threatening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember where i heard the 170mph figure but I wouldn't be surprised if it was real close. F1 cars can stop on a dime. If you watch the Indy race today, where they come down the front straight and turn onto the infield, they are at speeds over 200mph, slow to about 60-70mph for a ~90 degree turn in the space of about 150-200 meters. They have a G force meter they show sometimes with the in camera cars and they reach upwards of 5 g's during braking.

edit: link
Old 06-17-2007, 01:05 PM

Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers. All you sons, call your Fathers while they are still alive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers. All you sons, call your Fathers while they are still alive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Beni.... it's been a great morning so far... too bad my dad has already passed...
Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Beni.... it's been a great morning so far... too bad my dad has already passed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in your camp too. 19 more minutes of pokers and its US Open time. (DVR'd of course)
Closed Thread