Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: d.b. cooper first sky jacker

Amazing how back then you didn't need to give the airline your real name. I took a trip to Vegas back in '99 with my friends ticket. He didn't have the scratch so he checked in and I took his ticket. Coming home we told the agent that my wallet was in someone elses bag who left town earlier. All I had was his credit card and his brother vouching for me.

Guess that won't happen any more.....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after it happened in 1971 i think most free spirit types envied his style. how could you not.
plus he probably saved many lives as the airlines and law became aware of the dangers of what an idiot might be able to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't always learn, though. I just learned about Sam Byck. Only a couple of years after Cooper, Byck had the idea of hijacking a 747 and crashing it into the White House to assassinate Nixon. Sound familiar?

Byck did force his way into the cockpit but was killed there. In this case, they decided the best course was to keep it as quiet as possible to avoid any copycat crimes. I guess it worked for 27 years.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:17 PM

it is just amazing how long it took for the cockpits to get secure. total idiots in the airline industry and govt.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always loved this story, I had a book when I was in grade school about the worlds strangest crimes, or something along that nature, and this story has always stuck w/ me, and I enjoy looking at new "evidence" once or twice a year when Im bored, great stuff.

Another story in this book that I oddly remember, was about the "Chowchilla Kidnappings". A group of kidnappers hijacked a sdchoolbus, and buried it, demanding a reward. Also an interesting story.

both these stories was in a book about true crime that I read when I was 9 or 10, if anyone knows the name of the book let me know. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I too read about this in a book when I was younger...I don't think it was about crime though. Another story from the same book(unless I am mistaken...I read a lot as a kid) was about a plane crash and it's survivors.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sad to admit that I know the DB story from Without A Paddle.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM

Average MC's is like a TV blooper/MF DOOM, he's like D.B. Cooper/out with the moolah