Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

All four of my wisdom teeth were coming in horizontally. I had to have surgical extraction of all four. It really wasn't a big deal though. I was just out of commission for a few days.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM

I had all 4 taken out in 1 day when I was 19 or 20. They put me to sleep. I would highly recommend that. If you're a little nervous about dentists, you don't want to be awake when they are cutting teeth out of your head.

When I first came out of it, I was pretty stoned. Haha. I kept trying to itch my nose and poked myself in the eye instead.

After sleeping it off for a few hours, I was just fine. I didn't even use my Tylenol 3 prescription. I just took regular pain killers the rest of that day. I can't say it ever really hurt. It wasn't the most comfortable for a day or two, but I was back in school the next day with no problems.

It felt so much better chewing food and stuff once they were out.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Got mine out when I was 24. They were growing into my other
teeth.
Think it was 4 trips to the dentist, not sure since it was
nearly forty years ago. Only got a local, awake during the
removal. The dentist had to crack the tooth to remove it.
Thought it was painless. Of course I also refuse
shots for fillings.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM

I'm pushing 50 and still have all of mine. Doc checks them out with X-rays every year or two and says as long as they're not bothering me (they don't), there's no reason to pull them. If one needs to come out, though, then he recommends doing all four at once.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:31 PM

this thread [censored] sucks.

god (NT!), please lock it.

to all you idiots who keep responding after the first few replies, we don't need a [censored] rundown of everyone that does or doesn't have their wisdom teeth.

stop bumping this thread.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

stop bumping this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 PM

My wisdom teeth experience was a nightmare. About 4 years ago I was told I needed to have them out (I'm 27). Ok I was dreading the day but I had no choice. My only concern was that I DO NOT wake up in the middle of it. I was terrified of that.
So as soon as I get in the with the doctor I just told him to please make sure I am knocked out and will not wake up. He says there is no way I will wake up. Well sure enough I open my eyes and doctor has his foot up against the chair as he is pulling as hard as he could. I start trying to yell and move, a nurse sees me, and they put me back out. But my nightmare came true. Turns out mine were terribly impacted and the they had to cut a piece of my jaw. It took 4 hours where a normal operation takes 2. Then they gave me demerol, vicodin, and percoset which made for a nice few weeks.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think that dentists have gone overboard with taking them out. It's not like humans didn't survive for a long time without taking them out. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe the worst. Have any of you had a bad time with keeping them in?

[/ QUOTE ]

27, I get painful infections atleast twice a year. They're so bad that it hurts just to talk. Already posted this, but whatever.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 AM

27...still havent had them out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] When I was 17 they said they needed to come out ASAP - just always had something come up. They are impacted so I guess I have to get around to it sometime, but they havent effected my beautiful smile!!! Ive had a few surgeries, but this is one im ironically scared of for some reason!! Hopefully I get it taken care of in the next few years! I think they will start to rot or something [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wish I could just let them be....
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 AM

All 4 of mine came through free and easy, no pain, no need for removal, no compacting of existing teeth. Rock and roll.

My flatmate had 2 of hers out in staggered operations, was out of action for about 3-4 days after both times and high as a kite on painkillers.

So glad i have a big mouth.