Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Default meal replacement drink

Live in a dorm. No kitchen. Cafeteria food is terribly unhealthy.

Need something I can use as a meal substitute. Normally I eat a lot but if its at the cafeteria it'll have to be something like pizza, cheesesteak, or stirfry. Anyone have a recommended drink that could be substituted as a meal once or twice a day [of a 4 or 5 meal day]? Taste is important.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: meal replacement drink

Labrada Meal Replacement
Old 04-22-2007, 04:46 PM

metabolic drive complete from biotest is another one...
Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 PM

1 cup of oats + 1 scoop whey + water or milk + banana(optional)
blended
Old 04-22-2007, 06:48 PM

All these are great suggesstions, I'm not a big fan of Biotest products, but I'm sure MD Complete would taste delicious. JLP's advice is money as well, the least expensive option by far.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 PM

what did you not like about biotest? Ill definately vouch for HRX in terms of actually feeling a difference..havent tried some of their other stuff though
Old 04-22-2007, 07:12 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Muscle Milk.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what did you not like about biotest? Ill definately vouch for HRX in terms of actually feeling a difference..havent tried some of their other stuff though

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that I love t-nation for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Biotest products, and I'm not a big fan of their forums (censorship of anyone saying anything negative Biotest anyone?)

Quite generally Biotest has a cult like following of brain-washed people. They charge WAY to much for their products as well. Most of their products don't have proper references, and if they do they are using the basement dosing at maximum pricing.

I don't blame Biotest for trying to make money off of the products they sell, but their marketing is a bunch of BS that works to blind consumers who don't know any better.

Tons of other companies sell products with Biotest's main ingredients for cheaper and higher dosages. However in Biotest's "Write-Up's" they will have you believe that their product rules because of some time-release bull crap or whatever.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Lol...just to further show. They sell Beta-Alanine for $47.99. The bottle has 180,000 mgs of Beta-Alanine in it.

You can get 320,000 mgs of Beta-Alanine at another site for $35.00. So almost TWICE the amount of product for 13 dollars less.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:46 PM

I've been very pleased with using Biotest products thus far, but I've only used Metabolic Drive, Surge, and Flameout, which are pretty much touted across the board by every member there. There are a few others that sound good, but I just don't feel like I need them for the time being (ZMA, Spike, so on). I agree there's a lot of self-promotion and hype, but I still have much more faith in the guys at Biotest and T-Nation than I do for your standard supplement makers.

I don't feel the prices have been too outrageous, either. If I became obsessed with amassing a huge stack like a lot of the guys there though, spending more on Biotest than at the grocery store, my feelings might change [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]