Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Default What to do in Myrtle Beach, SC?

Going to Myrtle Beach at the end of May with my family. Looking for anything interesting to do--we'll be at a beachfront hotel, and we'll have a car. Looking for restaurants to eat at (but nothing really really expensive, maybe $10-15 entrees), and maybe movie theaters or other attractions in the area.

FWIW I'll be staying at on North Ocean Blvd, at the Ocean Reef Resort, so I'd like to keep things within 10 minutes or so of that place.

Also, I know I could just look up what restaurants are where, but I'd like to hear what 2p2 thinks, what's good, what to avoid, and what to order from these places.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: What to do in Myrtle Beach, SC?

Broadway at the Beach is always fun, there are many restaurants, mini golf, night clubs, imax, and shops there. That seems to be where they are directing people at night, its about 20 min South of North Myrtle. In North Myrtle there is a House of Blues and Barefoot Landing which has many places to shop and eat at night. The old pavilion area is not as exciting anymore as it was due to them getting rid of most of the night clubs and the amusement park. They have a ripleys believe it or not there and also a ripleys aquarium is located at Broadway at the beach. I always like to eat at Myabi's japanese steak house and senor frogs is fun as well. The end of May is senior week for many high schools so the strip/pavilion area will be loaded with high school kids running around everywhere. Bike Week ends May 20th so you may run into some of that overflow. Enjoy your trip.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 AM

I agree with d_b, Broadway at the Beach is a good time and there's a lot to do in one place.

[ QUOTE ]
I always like to eat at Myabi's japanese steak house

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is the Hibachi place in BatB I definitely agree. It's very good and super cheap.

Do you have any interest in playing golf? I've been to Myrtle Beach to play golf for the last 5 years so I am probably as familiar with that town as any other than NYC.

There's a cool sports bar about 20 minutes south of where you're staying called Overtime. I don't remember the prices but it's certainly not an expensive place. unfortunately there's not really any big sporting events in May, but it's still a fun place (though maybe less so with your family).

There's a ton of great hole in the wall seafood places in Murell's Inlet (25ish minutes south).

I'm kinda blanking on a lot of stuff right now, but I'll try to come back to this later.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Broadway at the Beach is always fun, there are many restaurants, mini golf, night clubs, imax, and shops there. That seems to be where they are directing people at night, its about 20 min South of North Myrtle. In North Myrtle there is a House of Blues and Barefoot Landing which has many places to shop and eat at night. The old pavilion area is not as exciting anymore as it was due to them getting rid of most of the night clubs and the amusement park. They have a ripleys believe it or not there and also a ripleys aquarium is located at Broadway at the beach. I always like to eat at Myabi's japanese steak house and senor frogs is fun as well. The end of May is senior week for many high schools so the strip/pavilion area will be loaded with high school kids running around everywhere. Bike Week ends May 20th so you may run into some of that overflow. Enjoy your trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dueling Crocodiles @ Broadway at the Beach. Its been years since I went but it was and prob still is a greata dueling piano bar
Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 AM

Spanish galleonnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-17-2007, 01:57 AM

go to the freaky teeky
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 AM

Golf
Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 AM

If you play mini golf, don't go to the really tall place. I can't remember what it's called tho...

If you want a seafood buffet, the Giant Crab was really good. $20 for all you can eat.

That's about all i can remember.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
go to the freaky teeky

[/ QUOTE ]

Closed 2 years ago.....

Myabi's is in North Myrtle...the Japanese steakhouse in BatB is Yamato.. The Crab house is also very good and its located at BatB. Very good choice with Murrels inlet, it has some definate diamonds in the rough as far as restaurants go (ie. Lee's Kitchen)..Definitely check out Club Kryptonite if your into the club scene. Avoid Calabash seafood bars...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 AM

eat at crabby mikes. very good crablegs