Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Gym Pet Peeves

I grunt a bit when pushing out that last set (or when negotiating a difficult rack after a hard set). I don't give a [censored] about what other's think because I think I earned the right to yell if I'm busting my ass.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM

preach it!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Fat-strong people...the one's you see who move a ton of weight but have a thick layer of fat on them. They generally think that they own the gym because they put up 3 or 4 plates on the bench. But really they are just fat which sucks for them. The only thing worse than a fat-strong person is a fat-strong person who thinks they can walk around the gym in a beater. Put on a shirt fatty.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Guys that wear their swimsuits into the shower. If you're that insecure about being seen naked just take a shower at home.

People who flex and prance in front of the mirror. If you want to use the mirror to check your form that's fine, but flexing and smiling like you're on camera makes you look ridiculous.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Smiley - I posted that I cant stand it when people that grunt or yell. The type you are talking about doesn't bother people at all, we all do that at times. Its the people that ROAR at the top of their lungs for attention or grunt really loud 8-10 reps in one of their sets just so the gym turns to look at them.

We used to have a kid at our gym that suffered from invisible lat syndrome (walks with arms out like his lats are massive when in fact he really had none) who would yell and scream so people would look at him. He even threw up in the middle of the gym one day after doing squats when it was obvious he could have exited the area before doing so just for attention.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

by far the worst are the dudes who put as much weight as possible on and then just have such horrendous form theyre obv doing nothing helpful for their bodies. there are a couple dudes who are always using the curl machine, they set it to the highest weight and then stand up, grab the bar and pretty much jump in the air and land on their butt to get the weights to go up. girls seem impressed by this. maybe just all humans are retarded?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys that wear their swimsuits into the shower. If you're that insecure about being seen naked just take a shower at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are mad cause you don't get to see other guys' penises? THAT is your pet peeve?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM

All,

We scream for attention (we being my friends and I), this is in tribute to a legendary roid head who went to our school 2 years ago. He went from being ~150 lbs weakling to a ~190lbs balding chicken legged douchebag in ~3 months. A huge insane douchebag who could OHP 1.5x BW and bench 2x. Regardless, keep in mind grunts/screams/moans might not be for you to bring attention to them, but instead of a historical figure.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you that hate grunters/screamers. When I do cleans, squats, or dls within a few pounds of my max I often yell or grunt or whatever - I don't try to to show off or anything. Does this really bother people that much? This would happen maybe twice a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if you're doing big weights and you have to grunt it's cool. I think we all hate the Monica Seles grunters who moan out a RAAAA for every rep of their bicep curls.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Peeves :

1) At my last gym the worst thing was definitely all the gay old men who would hang out totally naked in the locker room. Ugh.

2) When I've got big weights on the rack and you ask to work in and take them all off. [censored] ask how many sets I have left and you can just do something else for a minute!

3) People who spot for bench and stand with their groin right in my face when I really don't even need help.

4) People who figure it's okay to come to the gym smelling like [censored] and being totally filthy because they're going to shower afterward.