Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Trips deep vs solid tag, ugh

These types of plays remind me of going home with whomever happens to be left at the end of the night. It seems like a good idea up front, like it's an an affirmation of your clever prowess or something. Then, usually en route, reason starts to work, but only vaguely through a fog of beer, testosterone, pride and whatnot. Next thing you know, you've got some stinky fat tongue in your mouth and you're balls deep in a monster pot, but it's too late and you're basically [censored]. Then it's over, and you lie there wondering why the [censored] you bother with this [censored]?

Interesting thread, thanks for posting.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These types of plays remind me of going home with whomever happens to be left at the end of the night. It seems like a good idea up front, like it's an an affirmation of your clever prowess or something. Then, usually en route, reason starts to work, but only vaguely through a fog of beer, testosterone, pride and whatnot. Next thing you know, you've got some stinky fat tongue in your mouth and you're balls deep in a monster pot, but it's too late and you're basically [censored]. Then it's over, and you lie there wondering why the [censored] you bother with this [censored]?

Interesting thread, thanks for posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLO
Old 11-16-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I'm def a solid tag and definitely rarely try to pull off huge bluffs 200 BB's deep. Glad most people agree that villain should fold though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That in itself doesn't make it a good bluff to try to push a TAG off an ace here. Think about how often posts are made here where people are like "man I really want to hero fold this but at the table I prob just call" - well, villain was at the table.

Another consideration is that it's slightly difficult to put you on a hand. Are you really betting the river for 1 buyin with a flush? Are you really flatting a drawy flop with a set or two pair?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:39 PM

I'm prob not flatting the flop with a set or two pair no, but I'm betting any flush here on the river for a BI yes. So I guess my range is kind of narrow. However, the most likely hand I'm going to have given pf is a suited connector so it's not too bad.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 AM

I was gonna say exactly what goofyballer said. What was ommited from my earlier response was even though its probably best to fold at the table in the heat of battle i probably end up calling some of the time. I mean if the guy is even tilting a very very small amount he's not gonna fold this. Even though he has tag stats you don't know him well enough to say if he even ever folds this.