Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Flopping a set

Villain 1 Runs at 30/4.5 (small sample size) and Villain 2 I have no stats on, he just sat down. On villan 1 I have one note, he coldcalls KTo pf. This is on everest .25/.50

Preflop.
Hero is UTG and Looks at J :diamont: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises. One fold, Villain 1 re-raises, One player Calls 3 cold. Villain 2 four-bangs, Blinds fold, I call two and Villain one Caps the betting (at everest that is 5 sb). And the remaing players call.

Flop (21.5 sb) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I am happy and bet, Villain 1 raises, Player folds, Villain 2 reraises and I cap. Villains call.

Turn (16.75 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A nice blank comes off, and I bet out. Villain one raises, villain 2 reraises, I start puking and call. Villain one calls and we see a river.

River (25.75 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, villan one checks, villan 2 bets, We both call.

Final Pot( 28.75 bb)

Any comments, like should I fold pf?, and does anyone know a converter that works with everest?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Flopping a set

NH- I think the aggression was needed preflop and on that flop, especially given that you have 10 good outs to beat a flush if one is already made. I start getting sick about the same time you did but I call down just as you did.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 PM

Preflop is fine.

Why is the cap different on the flop than it was preflop? I may have gone one more on the turn since A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Ax and A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kx could be getting a little nuts with a strong hand and flush redraw. But slowing down where you did is also okay -- you're really hoping that villain is overplaying his hand at this point since if he's really that strong you're definitely beat.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 PM

standard... all good
Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

I wouldn't fold pre-flop. But if an overcard flops I'd be nervous.

I dunno that I'm as happy with that flop as you are. Sure, you got your set and a boat-draw, but with 3 hearts on the board and all that pre-floppiness someone will very likely have a high heart. Looks to me like you have about 5 outs. Someone with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx has 9 outs to beat you.

I'd run this on poker-stove. You certainly have odds to go for a boat, but I question whether you have equity against 4-bet/capping hands to cap the flop.

Come the turn the pot is huge, everyone has odds to call and the flush can still come (or might be there already) leaving your set high and dry. I'd check/call this one.

River is still a check/call.. no way you're ever folding with this pot.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know a converter that works with everest?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should download this program. http://www.pokerboard.nl/files/evere...roffice1.0.rar
It will convert the hands in a normal (party poker) format. After that you are able to convert it with the regular handconverters.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM

I love it. More aggro on the turn would have been bad. River is great. NH.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard... all good

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM

Thanks for all the comments. On everest the capping is 5 bets pf, 4 after, unless hu. Villain two had Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Villain one mucked (on everest this is not a show...). I guess he had AA with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I had some questions regarding kingotters post.

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno that I'm as happy with that flop as you are. Sure, you got your set and a boat-draw, but with 3 hearts on the board and all that pre-floppiness someone will very likely have a high heart. Looks to me like you have about 5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. I think I can be confident that someone has the Q or the A of hearts, but why have them both? (who caps pf with AQs?). I think I am more afraid of KK here.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx has 9 outs to beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I am capping.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd run this on poker-stove. You certainly have odds to go for a boat, but I question whether you have equity against 4-bet/capping hands to cap the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What ranges do you put the villains on? QQ+ AKs?

[ QUOTE ]

Come the turn the pot is huge, everyone has odds to call and the flush can still come (or might be there already) leaving your set high and dry. I'd check/call this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still want them to pay, don't I?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM

It looks fine.
With this board the range of hands other people can have is quite wide.
Betting on the flop and turn put money into the pot while you have a good chance of being ahead. Your out of position, so if you dont bet the turn you cant be sure anyone else will....although given the aggression on the flop it is likely someone will....

i can see why someone might choose to check call on the turn but you cant guarantee that the betting wont be capped anyway, and the odds of hitting a f/house or better must be close to what they are for a flush draw so if both players are staying in the pot i dont think there is a problem.