Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Step 6 is 18 entries

Note that Step 6 is 18 entries for 3 Atlantis spots, all of the other steps are 9 entries. Its not mentioned in the diagram, but obvious if you add up the direct entry $$$'s
Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird.
Curious how tough it's going to be to fill up those $2100 buy-in 2-table SNG's.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

Please Please Please make turbo versions of these!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone seen any fine print.

The key question is if i have like a dozen different tickets when this promo ends, what happens? Do i get the cash/W$ equiv or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain why one would have so many tickets leftover when the promo ends, thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain why one would have so many tickets leftover when the promo ends, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-tabling.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You'll be able to use the value of unused tickets very shortly after the PCA promo ends, most likely in WSOP steps. After all, a PCA package and a WSOP package have the same $12,000 value....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if Stars is going to commit to having some sort of ongoing Steps promotion (basically) year round (be it PCA, APT, EPT, WSOP, WCOOP, whatever) and the tickets are always usable in any Steps series then I think this is very promissing. However, I think it would be a really good idea to try and lay out the Steps "schedule" for the next 6 months or year so people know what they're getting into.

And if I were you, I wouldn't limit it to just poker packages - If you want to stick to $12K value you kind of handcuff yourself a little bit, but you can still do a lot with that - Dream vacations, cars (particularly leases), apt in Vegas (etc) for a year, home theater/electronics packages, motorcycles, boats & pwc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome, awesome idea. I swear if I could win a $12k vacation (or even 3K one) I'd grind like 8 hours a night at that, year round. Love this idea.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious too, this could probably be done mathematically since the tickets aren't cashable for anything other than the next step. Like if you count (or estimate) the number of the $7.50s will go off each day, and make an assumption that whenever anyone wins a ticket to the next step they use it within 24 (or pick another number) hours, you can probably figure out a baseline number of 2100s that will run (plus some extras because of people buying in directly).
Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the 1st thing I noticed. I wonder if they will make a 9 player table, where winner gets the package, 2nd gets 4K and 3rd gets 2K.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:17 PM

feeeding off of what some have said in this thread and another...offerng turbos as well and being able to interchange between turbo and regular steps, plus having the 2 table AND 1 table choice for your final step, annnd $12K choices like vacation, ok Stars get to work and roll it all out
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
feeeding off of what some have said in this thread and another...offerng turbos as well and being able to interchange between turbo and regular steps, plus having the 2 table AND 1 table choice for your final step, annnd $12K choices like vacation, ok Stars get to work and roll it all out

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it took them like 4 years to put in steps at all, so don't hold your breath haha.

But really, I have a feeling if they throw in TOO many options, they will dilute it and there were be 2 or 3 tracks that don't get enough traffic each, so none of the higher steps will fill. This is what happened on Party with WSOP steps last summer, they had the fast steps and the normal steps for WSOP, and neither did well.