Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 AM

Default What do we think of Gank\'s TD video?

http://www.propokerschool.com/videos.htm#

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: What do we think of Gank\'s TD video?

ha ha ha ha... omg he plays bad. The first hand he played he checks behind in the BB and keeps 56 vs a SB open limp (not horrible, its been debated before but I think dropping the 6 makes sense here since the pot is small and you have a connecting card). On the 2nd draw he gets a 3, and it checks through. on the third draw he catches a 4 - and keeps its! Thats right folks, he is drawing to a straight with 3456x.

dont try this at home kids... that move is only for professionals.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM

"thinking back, cold calling an utg raise and drawing three is not such a good play - i wouldnt recommend anyone watching try that..." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM

CO open limp with 72. lol. "I don't usually like to limp, but here is a situation where we don't have anything big right now". You think?

For his sake I hope he is mega baked, and doesnt actually play like this.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:23 PM

someone posts UTG, he limps AGAIN with 72o, its raised and re-raised on the button. "I hate having to call this but its good for the game".

Oh yea.... VERY good for the game.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's hopped up on goofballs. This also looks to be a really old vid because groth is playing 10/20. And Kolmogorov is probably BUSTO.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone posts UTG, he limps AGAIN with 72o, its raised and re-raised on the button. "I hate having to call this but its good for the game".

Oh yea.... VERY good for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always felt Gank was good for the game. Will try to watch the video later.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Wow this is funny because I randomly found and watched this video two days ago while doing research on the poker videos out there. He is without question the fish in the game when it gets 4 handed. This just proves anyone can make a video and speak with enough poker terms to sound knowledgeable to someone who is new to a game (god I hope I'm not leveling myself right here).

My favorite part is when he folds the 2345x to JewFro with a draw to go and JewFro shows him a bad 8, asks if he was live, and then tells Gank "nice fold, small pot" when Gank says he tossed 2345x and then JewFro and groth911t make fun of Gank in the chat only Gank is too dumb to realize they are laughing at his expense.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-05-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ha ha ha ha... omg he plays bad. The first hand he played he checks behind in the BB and keeps 56 vs a SB open limp (not horrible, its been debated before but I think dropping the 6 makes sense here since the pot is small and you have a connecting card). On the 2nd draw he gets a 3, and it checks through. on the third draw he catches a 4 - and keeps its! Thats right folks, he is drawing to a straight with 3456x.

dont try this at home kids... that move is only for professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, the only thing wrong with this hand that I can tell is that he broke Q6543. You can run 6543 and 543 against some one card draws on twodimes, and you'll see that 6543 will generally do better. We break it earlier because we have multiple draws to make up for the difference between drawing one and two. Q6543 should be better than either of his draws, however. He shouldn't pay a bet here of course, but he didn't have to.

265 and he fails to peel second in position vs. Kolmo... just yuck.

Folds 2248 UTG? WTF? TT, even you're not folding this, are you? Gank clearly has some problems ordering marginal hands. He actually though about playing 764 a little before this.

He coldcalls with 27!, but on the second round he's improved to 2457 and facing a bet and a raise in a 3:2:3 situation against a player he knows to be aggressive he doesn't threebet. Putting some pressure on somewhere in this hand would be a really good idea, as is shown when BB beats the aggro player's pat hand with... 87653?

Then he limps in the CO with 277, improves twice again (and pairs a deuce), and again fails to raise. The video breaks for me here so I don't see the results of this, and comes back with Gank thinking he could have tried to force a break. Gee, you think? You may not be comfortable with it here, but the previous hand was a superprime spot.

"I don't make too many plays in this game, especially with guys that play fast." Um... OK. Those are always the best guys to pick on in my experience.

He intends to check-fold 245/2 on second in a 2:2 spot vs. Captain Aggro? Suuuperweak. Third here is quite bad too.

All right, Gank raises 76433 after Kolmo limps. Even better, it works out for him. Reinforcement, baby.

Gank defends against the aggro with 249 and draws two, which is pretty silly since he's going to cede control of the hand anyway. At least he folds third when he should.

He plays 8543 well against JewFro.

Woo limping UTG with 72. Can he fold to the threebet? No he cannot. He pays to draw dead to 9762 on third. Oh, maybe he didn't. Most of the time he will have.

8632 and Gank doesn't pay off what looks to me like a JewFro snow when he pulls a ten on the end. I think I would have to pay this, getting 8.6:1, because it smells a bit. But Gank doesn't seem to be playing the drawing game at all.

It's nice to have some solidarity in never getting any action on 7ww2 hands.

238 makes #6 against a pat Kolmo and he plays it well.

Jesus, Gank, get some sleep before you make these things. All this yawning's making me tired in the middle of the day.

Gank describes 7654 as "marginal." At least he didn't threebet it.

Gank sings a lame song and plays 853 pretty well. Everybody's attacking his blinds with three-card draws, though. Wonder what that means?

8732 in the BB. Hey, he threebets. How novel. Of course the raiser is drawing three again. Good enough to take down the hand.

Gank thinks he's playing Razz and it's just playing hands and getting value. While he's doing it kidmankgb executes a nice freeze on Groth.

6422 on the button is kind of a tight fold four-handed.

Gank wants to check-fold 5432 1:1 on third. I'm OK with folding 5432 on third sometimes, but I do try to stick to spots where I'm pretty sure my opponent has a real hand. I'd be betting into him every time we were 1:1 by this point anyway, since he never checkraises.

He's obviously run out of concepts to talk about at this point. Note to future videomakers: if you're going to play this tight, prepare some notecards or something. Or, heaven forbid, talk about the hands you're not in.

85433, "a good shorthanded starter." He catches a seven, Groth checkraises him 2:0 on third and Gank calls. Both are pat, Groth checks the river, and Gank... checks through. Such an easy value bet missed. If Gank were playing better Groth might be tricky here, but I don't think Gank understands the concept of a freeze, and I'm pretty sure Groth has figured that out by now. "I put him on an 87, 876, 97, 96, something like that." So... why didn't you bet? "I just deceptively just called there." Post facto rationalization at its best. If you were freezing, you would have bet the river.

8532 in the BB, capped against JewFro. Now Gank is enamoured of the freeze and tries it with #5. And then he just calls the river bet. Fro had a better hand (and is unlikely to bet a worse one into a freeze) but this is way too little action for #5. Fro even tells him about it. And Gank brags about his superior play. Puuuuke.

Opencompletion of 7764. Yuck. Groth naturally raises, but Gank spikes a deuce. After that he plays the hand OK.

Threehanded with Groth and Fro now, 2456 on the button. This time he really does fold 2345 on third, and this was a good spot for it. But then he admits it in the chat, which given his weakness elsewhere can't be a good idea.

2456 in the BB, JewFro raises from the SB, Gank calls. His blinds are just bloody chum at this point. And Fro bets 1:1 on the end and Gank smoothcalls with #8. I guess since he never bluffs he can't raise this for value either.

I think my favorite quote was "Now that I've told you how to play maybe I can show you how to win some hands." It made me wonder if he would show us Groth's hole cards. It turned out being a pretty good video for him.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:21 AM

Awesome analysis. 3 handed with him, jewfro, and groth, hmm wonder why that game is going. Two TDL pros and Gank. Hehe.

-DeathDonkey