Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: So I had a date tonight

Also, read ipots trip reports to get a grip on what type of attitude you need. His [censored] is gold for ages 16-19ish.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Goofy, I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago. I had been talking to this girl I was digging and everything seemed to be going in the right direction. I called her up said "Hey what're you doing Saturday?" she says "Nothing." So I give the whole "Why don't you let me take you out? How about this Saturday?" She says cool.

So Saturday comes around. I call her up. Ask her what she's doing just making with the small talk bs. She says "Getting ready to go to this concert."

WTF?!

So I explain to her that when I mentioned letting me take her out I was pretty much asking her out on a date. She's like "Ohh. Really? Was I leading you on? I'm not really looking for a boyfriend...." I'm like "Yes, totally! You completely lead me on." Blah blah. I tell her I gotta go. We hang up.

So at this point I'm a nice combo of embarrassed, let down, and PISSED OFF. I'm sitting there stewing. Going over my options I figure, I'm probably not going to hang out with this girl again because it'd be way to awkward and embarrassing for me. Plus I'm pretty pissed that she played me like that, so, I say "[censored] it!".

I call her right back. She answers. I say "You say you don't want a boyfriend. Fine. If you ever just wanna get down, you give me a call. No strings attached."

She says "Reaaaally?"

Me: "Totally."

I swear to god, not more than 5 hours later she calls me and tells me to come over. I do, and we proceed to have the craziest sex I've ever had. She was a complete and total FREAK! She said some of the nastiest [censored] I've ever heard come out of a chicks mouth. AND she called me by my nickname instead of my real name which I found odd yet so [censored] hot at the same time.

Anyway. Moral of the story: If you know you're probably not going to talk to or hang out with this chick any more, what have you got to lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post does a good job of illustrating my previous post.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GB,

With college girls these types of formal dates will not work for the most part. I know this because I use to try the formal date thing when I was in college and most of the time I struck out.

Most college girls are looking for hook-ups and can get freaked out with the prospect of a long-term boyfriend. Next time you want to hook-up with a freshman chick, just invite her over your place to watch a movie or something along those lines. These type of casual meetings lead to a much better chance of being able to score and save you money as well. Save the formal dates for when you graduate.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Also as someone else mentioned go make out with some drunk random chick to make yourself feel better.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 PM

goofy you have comfort with her but lack attraction. Also dont go into the thing in the "I am going to date you" frame of mind. Instead, just go into it in the "we are just going to go out and have fun, and whatever happens happens, and thats cool".

Also dont argue with her. Playful banter/flirting is one thing, but argueing with her makes no sense.... just make your point and then change the subject before she can get another word in.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:18 PM

You seem to be in college so I offer you this simple advice with regards to a first date. The movie. It's simple, it's classic and it's very effective. Of course I'm not referring to going out to a movie, that costs money and isn't time effective (read: you aren't alone). Invite her over to your room to watch a movie. Reasons why:

a) It's cheap (free really)
b) Your intentions are pretty blatant and her arrivial indicates you at least have a chance
c) If things go well you already are alone in a dark room on a bed/couch and things escalate very easily

Theres a reason "Hey, you want to go watch a movie?" is one of the most universally used pick-ups on most campuses
Old 06-10-2007, 10:47 PM

goofy,

bitches ain't [censored] but hoes and tricks. Sounds like you did pretty good up until the denial, and then you shut down (understandably). I've been denied at the moment of truth before too - but girls are suckers for persistent guys. I wouldn't give up yet.

Anyway, I make a great wingman. Plus we're living in the same house in Vegas for a month. So no worries, you'll forget about this beezie and we'll get it done.

Kyle
Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GB,

With college girls these types of formal dates will not work for the most part. I know this because I use to try the formal date thing when I was in college and most of the time I struck out.

Most college girls are looking for hook-ups and can get freaked out with the prospect of a long-term boyfriend. Next time you want to hook-up with a freshman chick, just invite her over your place to watch a movie or something along those lines. These type of casual meetings lead to a much better chance of being able to score and save you money as well. Save the formal dates for when you graduate.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]I already [censored] said that. Give ME the QFT. Why am I so underrated?

Really though, dates are for bitches. There is no benefit to them, and you get infinite opportunities to turn her off.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Good effort man, my condolences.

But as others have said, you're trying way too hard for a 1st year chick. In univ, it's all about keeping the dates low key and alcohol is a must. I always thought it would make me look like a perma-drunk, but I swear, my best "dates" always involved booze. This is especially true for girls who aren't over a previous bf or are trying to avoid a long term relationship but just want to bang (but won't come out and say it) ... once they have a couple of drinks they all become sloots
Old 06-10-2007, 11:29 PM

This was a good read but I think you're kind of a newb when it comes to girls. If a girl is into you she doesn't give a [censored] if you pay or not, that's just what the media portrays so everyone ends up buying flowers and cards thinking that this will get them some action.

You should have made certain that this girl liked you before dropping $ on her, oh well lesson learned.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 PM

Goofy hasn't kissed a girl since Jan 06.

True story