Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 03:26 AM

Default River decision with two pair

Hi everyone. Long time, first time. Be gentle.

Borgata 10-20. Dream game. MP1 is a woman in her 30s. She's apparently a dealer in town somewhere. In the hour she's been at the table she's seen about 80% of the flops and a ton of rivers. She hasn't raised on any street in that time and is down about a rack. MP2 is a youngish guy. Loose passive, but will bet any pair or draw if it's folded to him on the flop and then call down if raised. All other players in the hand are loose passive.

I'm dealt T8o OTB. 4 limpers, I limp, blinds come along. 7 way flop. I normally fold T8o here, but I couldn't bear to sit out OTB against this field.

Flop 984 2 clubs
Checks to MP2, who bets. I raise. BB, MP1, MP2 all call. My thought at the table was to try and get heads up with MP2. Given the flop and looseness of the table, that might have been a stupid idea. At the time the raise seemed clear, but now calling and folding both seem like options.

Turn: T red (7.5 BB)
Checked to me, I bet. All 3 call. Nobody came alive so I'm probably good, unless there's a scared T9 out there.

River: K no flush (11.5 BB)
Checked to me, I bet. BB calls, now MP1 (the woman) CRs, MP2 folds. The pot is 15.5 bets. She's certainly capable of playing K9, K8, or K4 suited. Can I fold this?