Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Nutflush beat, but played it correctly?

It sucked that I lost this hand, but did I play it correctly? Would any of you guys have played this differently? It's just a bad beat, and I don't think it was avoidable, but maybe someone thinks it was. He should have folded his set when I reraised him and the flush was actually pretty obvious, right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($2.50)
UTG ($0.65)
MP ($1.38)
Button ($7.05)
SB ($1.94)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.08, UTG folds, MP calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.32) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.62) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.62</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.24</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.74</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($4.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $4.10
Old 11-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Nutflush beat, but played it correctly?

No, you should have folded the turn. Its obvious he has a set and is likely to fill up on the river over your flush. Stop getting your money in as a big favorite......Yes you played it fine, what else do you want besides getting your cash in good?

Was clearly joking around. Yea like everyone else said this is a 3 bet pf and stop that min raising [censored].
Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 AM

You could have played it differently. 3bet preflop, not mandatory but an option. You could have raised the flop, but calling is fine if you wanna play a bit more passive. But on the turn you got it in with the nuts, so that's ok.

Anyway, you seem somewhat passive and only getting active when you hit your hand. This makes you readable, which is of course of no concern at 2NL. But since you have never tried to use fold equity anywhere, I suppose you don;t use it a lot. That means you win less pots and maybe that's why losing a big one hurts more.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you should have folded the turn. Its obvious he has a set and is likely to fill up on the river over your flush. Stop getting your money in as a big favorite......Yes you played it fine, what else do you want besides getting your cash in good?

[/ QUOTE ]

He made it quite clear that he just wants a few comments on all streets and no lesson in fgators poker.

Im not a true expert since Im just starting out with 6max again but:

1) I defintely reraise pf. AK is most likely ahead of both his raising and his calling range

2) I pretty much everytime raise this flop

3 As played I obviously get it in with the nuts BUT please dont minraise anywhere ever in these spots. Just put him AI. It will get you used to the fact that you cant size your bets according to your handstrenght and it will change absolutely nothing about the outcome.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:08 AM

3bet AK preflop every time at this level.

Just shove the turn. The minraise is almost never a useful tactic.
edit: HRA beat me to it.
Closed Thread