Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Default I need some Disney collectible knowledge...

OK, I have a 10" porcelain Mickey Mouse musical figurine at home. My grandmother gave it to my son when he was born a few years ago. I am now considering selling it on eBay (don't worry, I checked with my son, and he consented to this idea), but I can't find any information on it. There is no manufacturer name on the figurine, and no date. It is older, not recently manufactured - my grandmother had owned this for a while now.

I saw one on eBay a few months back, and with a few days left to go, it was over $20. I could put mine on at that price and see what happens, but I would rather track down the item somewhere and learn some more about it before sell it.

So what I am looking for here, is really someone who may be an avid Disney colletor, or someone who may know of a great website that has a ton of Mickey Mouse collectibles on it that I can browse and locate my figurine. I have searched eBay and have done quite a few Yahoo and Google searches, but I am yet to track down this particular figurine.

Any help?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: I need some Disney collectible knowledge...

Post a photo...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 PM

I guess I am retarded, because I can't get the image to display here - but here is the link for anyone who cares...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1178052173
Old 05-02-2007, 11:23 AM

I would suggest going to Borders (or a library) and looking for book on Disney collectibles, of which there are many. You should be able to sit down and figure out what you've got without actually buying the book.