Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Default The Zone (book) wtf??

I've been reading bits and pieces of this book the last couple weeks. Apart from constantly talking about eiconsoids whatever they are, it is pretty good. Until I get to the part where it actually talks about how MUCH you should be eating.

Using me as an ex.

I'm 185, probably 15%bf so my lbm is about 160. According to the zone, if I am sedentary I only need 80g of protein a day. Ok that is ridiculous, but lets go with how much it recommends for heavy weight training daily or physical exercise twice a day 5 days a week (the highest protein requirement). For that it recommends 160g of protein a day. Putting that into the 40carbs/30pro/30fat nutrient breakdown gives a total caloric intake of 2133 calories. WTF? That is insanely low, and I would definitely waste away on that diet.

FWIW I had a couple handfuls of spinach, about 1.25 cups of cooked brown rice, and 2 chicken breasts (skin on) for dinner today. That is probably almost 1000 calories right there and is on the bigger side of a standard evening meal for me.

Anyone that knows more about this want to weigh in? J. Brown are you still eating zone?