Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Analyzing Google\'s Chart

Here's how I see it. Notice that the recent rise stops just under the critical level of 750, 747 to be exact. My GUESS is that MMs saw a load of selling at the 750 level and decided to take back and accumulate some more inventory to unload. That said, I see Goog going even higher, perhaps 800 before MMs establish short sales and subsequently bring the price down to a level where substantial accumulations can begin at perhaps, 600.

Of course, I could be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Analyzing Google\'s Chart

maybe it tanked at 747 because its an airplane number and they figured it was symbolic for a high-flier like this. Or maybe they just realized it wasnt worth 220 billion fundamentally? Or maybe the market tanked? I dont think technical analysis and a buildup of orders at one price level causes a stock to go on a 15% tailspin.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM

I think Google is going to go to $1000 by 2009. I suggest everyone load up on GOOG now that it has dropped.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe it tanked at 747 because its an airplane number and they figured it was symbolic for a high-flier like this. Or maybe they just realized it wasnt worth 220 billion fundamentally? Or maybe the market tanked? I dont think technical analysis and a buildup of orders at one
price level causes a stock to go on a 15% tailspin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahnuld I like the 747 analogy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IMO...not only was GOOG due to take a breather,but the selling forces that overwhelmed the market the last two weeks eventually kicked in.....and that gravity took it down as well...even if its only for the time being

""Tides rise all boats...and they lower all boats""

Sf [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I see it. Notice that the recent rise stops just under the critical level of 750, 747 to be exact. My GUESS is that MMs saw a load of selling at the 750 level and decided to take back and accumulate some more inventory to unload. That said, I see Goog going even higher, perhaps 800 before MMs establish short sales and subsequently bring the price down to a level where substantial accumulations can begin at perhaps, 600.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you're wrong about is thinking MM's control how goog trades.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you're wrong about is thinking MM's control how goog trades.

[/ QUOTE ]

A big mis-conception regarding MM's is that THEY can control a stocks price.
If they have a large buy/sell order to fill,or trading the stock from thier own desks...they can use a few standard MM tricks of the trades,such as taking out stops on the upside or downside depending on their own position...supporting a stock of a thinly traded stock on the bid to attempt to prevent it from collapsing,sitting on the BID/ASK simultaneously just showing interest...but not really trading the stock,but unloading it in bits and pieces to not tip their hat...and many many others.

Believe me there are some HORRENDOUS MM's when it comes to trading skill under certain/volatile conditions....and get smoked during these times by bigger, better and more experienced traders by being on the wrong side of the trade....and REFUSING to give up by continuing fighting the tape

But there is NO way any MM can "control" the price of any large cap stock like a GOOG...INTC...YHOO...etc

The MARKET itselfs sets the price

SF [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Google is going to go to $1000 by 2009. I suggest everyone load up on GOOG now that it has dropped.

Of course, I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather stay sidelines for now. Use your money elsewhere. Goog is a great long at some stage, just not right now.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But there is NO way any MM can "control" the price of any large cap stock like a GOOG...INTC...YHOO...etc

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they work together as a team?

With the amount of money on the line, one would think the MMs would have a gameplan.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 AM

Just curious, are people not receptive to OP because they aren't into/believe in technical analysis, or because people don't believe OP is good at it?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they work together as a team?

With the amount of money on the line, one would think the MMs would have a gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would get a visit from the SEC/NASD which are the civil enforcement arms of the markets.Depending on the severity of the situation, that would then be followed by visits from the US Attorney/FBI for criminal prosecution...and stock price fraud/manipulation charges would be their FIRST issue to worry about amongst others

The idea of a FREE MARKET...is preventing/policeing collusion like this

Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]