Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 PM

Default 2 hands for review

these two hands got me thinking a little. im a recovering nit so these dont feel standard for me so i'd like some input.

no real reads on this villian. he is 20/8.75/1.14 over 80 hands. what should my action be, should i bet or check? are you calling his bet? his river aggression was very low so i ended up folding.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $10.35
BB: $9.95
Hero (UTG): $13.15
MP: $6.80
CO: $17.15
BTN: $6.65

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero calls $0.10, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.50</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, CO calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="Red">CO bets $1.75</font>, Hero folds.

this villian is 59/8/1.5 over 62 hands. he check/called two streets and i wasnt sure if a worse hand was calling the river so i took the cheap SD, should i have bet there for value?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $10.55
CO: $10.45
Hero (BTN): $10.80
SB: $8.40
BB: $17.35
UTG: $6.80

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, SB calls $1.40

River: ($5.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: 2 hands for review

Hand 1- NEVER LIMP UTG!! utg i prob fold QJs but if ur coming in raise it, thatll totally alter how this hand played out

Hand 2- std
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 PM

I def. valuebet hand#2 against a 59/8

Care to tell us why you're open limping with QJs?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

random occurance. i randomly limp OOP sometimes, not often, but sometimes.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

random occurance. i randomly limp OOP sometimes, not often, but sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 AM

if you're going to limp UTG with QJdd sometimes, limp re-raise it to [censored] [censored] up! but bet more on the turn in the second one plz. check on river is fine imo. i really don't know what he'd call with that you're beating besides like A6 or something.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 AM

In Hand 1 I would represent an ace with a strong turn bet of 2.50. He looks pretty weak just calling your flop bet and not raising you, so he is usually going to fold to a second barrel, especially with the ace on the turn unless he has an ace or he is trapping. If he calls you know it is one of these two (it really doesn't look like he's drawing) so you can check/fold the river.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:57 AM

::grunch::

I hate the UTG limp/call with QJs. It's too easily dominated and your OOP. As played PF, I bet a little more on the flop since your OOP and buying the pot is a perfectly fine result. At the turn, checking is too weak. I fire a second barrel here because although an Ace is in a 8% PFR's range, so are pairs, and an Ace is in your calling range. You may take the pot there, and if he calls you may get a free showdown on the end which would be wonderful. So I fire probably $2 and quit with the hand. But I don't think that there's any really good lines here... due largely to your hand selection. As played, I think the river is a call, since you both checked the A, he has a PP here a decent amount, and I think you have the 40% equity that you need due to mid PPs.

Hand 2 - Again, your range is a little wide here, but since you're on the button this play is probably fine. Once you hit the flop so hard, I think you do a decent job of trying to protect your hand. The only thing I'm uncertain about is checking behind on the river. Since there's a 4-straight on the board and the backdoor flush made it, I think checking's probably ok, but you may be missing some value from a missed bet. Now that I've grunched, I'm interested in reading what other people had to say about that one.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 AM

Hand 1- Like everyone said, don't limp UTG. Raise it or fold it. After that looks std to me.

Hand 2- I definately bet more on turn. I almost always check behind on that river, although there may be some value in a bet vs a 59/8
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 AM

I think villain has an ace a good amount of the time here to not bet the turn here.
He's a passive player and probably hit his ace and lets Hero do the bettin. I dont see villain raisin AK/AQ on flop against Hero his donkbet.