Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Slightly OT:
I read that AP owns UB, but does this mean UB could be compromised as well? The software is different, but how safe should UB players be feeling in light of this scandal? I have some money on UB, so I'm a bit concerned.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as there is a shadow of doubt about what happened

[/ QUOTE ]
There isn't.

edit: I mean, no doubt that cheating occured. There is some doubt as to exactly how, but that shouldn't matter the way you say it might.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

if absolute admits fault they think they are done

if they offer to pay back 700k everyone should be happy, and then decide on their own will if and when they play there in the future

having dan work towards getting the money is a smart idea. him abandoning the idea is likely to mean nobody gets money, nobody admits guilt, and absolute goes on without the internet smarts. and they will survive or get bought. and nobody gets their money

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly OT:
I read that AP owns UB, but does this mean UB could be compromised as well? The software is different, but how safe should UB players be feeling in light of this scandal? I have some money on UB, so I'm a bit concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as the cheating is concerned, however the owner of AP still owes the former owner of UB a large chunk of change for buying it. If it becomes impossible to pay the former owner who knows what could happen.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Both AP and UB user their own custom poker software. As long as UB hasn't switched over to AP's software, this specific vulnerability probably isn't something you need to worry about there.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, reading the comments on digg is very depressing and why I wish this never would have made the front page.

so much for any new fish anytime soon

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

First a thought. Is AP a publicly held company? Short the stock. PM me to get details of where to send the 2% great idea fee.
Second, why does everyone assume AP seized this 700K? Why do you assume they have the money? My understanding is that as soon as this whole thing was posted villains were spotted at the tables dumping. You dont think they cashed out? I was also led to believe that they have some serious notes coming due based on the buyout terms with UB-where is that money coming from?
Does this remind you of any other former poker site?
Get your money out now.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

The problem lies in the fact that AP are no longer responsible and cannot be trusted. They have denied a superuser account existing. Several points will remain unclear forever barring a thorough 3rd party investigation.

-how many other 363 type accounts are there?
-how many games/users did 363 observe? 2+2 has uncovered 4 accounts that were aided by 363, there could be many more.
-how long have these accounts been in use (presumably from the beginning)
-who had access to these accounts?
-why did it take so long for these accounts to be recognised?

The reality is that these accounts may have been used quite widely by very senior employees at AP (and who is to say they arent at other sites), and the $1k tournament was just the first flagrant and careless use of the account in all its operation.

The scope is ridiculous here, and like so many scandals it will probably never make it out into the public eye.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Druff, any solution whereby they come out and tell more lies is unacceptable. They to take tell the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth. They need to get rid of anyone and everyone involved in the debacle, refund all parties, and implement sweeping security changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread