Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Default bobby flay\'s throwdown

Don't really have time to write about this, but I just got to go to a throwdown and meet Bobby Flay, it was a pretty cool thing to see. I live in San Antonio, TX... the food was Puffy Tacos, and Bobby lost. His taco was really weird, it had a peanut butter sauce and the shell wasn't really puffy, he was going up against Diana Barrios' hers were alot better.

Hopefully I'll be on TV lol, got some pics with Bobby... he was a really good sport.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: bobby flay\'s throwdown

I really like the show, and Bobby does come off as a really nice guy. I think he'd have to be knowing he's likely going to lose 3/4 of these challenges.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:00 PM

is it pathetic that i was really excited to meet bobby flay?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the show, and Bobby does come off as a really nice guy. I think he'd have to be knowing he's likely going to lose 3/4 of these challenges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially since the couple I've watched he's always going into the other persons backyard with all their friends around. Of course he's going to lose, but he seems like he's a real good sport about it and has fun doing it.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM

I heard he can be a pretty harsh guy, but setting is everything, and so is the guy telling the story. I like his shows, and it's nice to hear about him losing for a change. Sometimes I feel like he's ambushing people and threatening their reputation/livelihood. It's comparatively no sweat for him to take a loss, which doesn't seem quite fair.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Diana knew it was going to be a throwdown, Food Network called her earlier in the week and told her some BS about wanting to shoot a pilot for a show called On The Border, and they want her to get alot of people together and film it at her restaurant... but she basically thought it was a throwdown from day one, which I suspect is the case for most of the throwdowns.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 PM

A puffy taco sounds like a fat chick's nether-region.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard he can be a pretty harsh guy, but setting is everything, and so is the guy telling the story. I like his shows, and it's nice to hear about him losing for a change. Sometimes I feel like he's ambushing people and threatening their reputation/livelihood. It's comparatively no sweat for him to take a loss, which doesn't seem quite fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my thoughts. It's pretty embarassing when the other person loses, like this catch all wonder chef can walk up and outcook them in their specialty whenever he wants. But still, pretty interesting show and idea, and he definitely comes off as a cool guy in them (a contrast to some stories I've heard).
Old 05-22-2007, 05:16 PM

I like seeing people lose when what they suggest to be the "best xxx ever" ends up being nasty. Flay won some mac and cheese battle vs. some lady who just had some horrible looking, technically flaw mac and cheese. I was happy.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:44 PM

I love his shows but Flay gets his ass handed to him on the reg on that show. He got embarassed on the pizza episode.