Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: I did the math for you. Pokerstars Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there's entirely too much bad math in this thread, because I calculated this around 1 yr ago for 1/2 NL 6-max in SSNL using another 2+2er's data and Supernova was like 25% rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that even this wouldn't be entirely accurate either as I assume you are just looking at FPP value.
if you choose to play the freerolls or if you play enough to make it to the 200k or 300k milestones because there is some extra value there.

It also can vary some on 6-max NL depending on playing-style and table-selection.
And I think this can be more exaggerated at NL then limit.
If you limp-along or cold-call a ton instead of always folding/re-raising then I would think that would lead to a lot more points. Although I'm hardly advocating playing a -EV style just to get a few more points.
Just saying that the RB% could bounce around some from player to player based on these things.

although for most TAG-type players from the SSNL forum I suspect the RB% will be pretty consistent.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 PM

That's also true of rakeback on any other site fwiw - the percentage will stay constant of course, but some players' styles will generate different amounts of MGR than others. I don't think the effect is that big though.

Also, you can include the value of freerolls or milestones or whatever in your FPP/hand numbers. If you expect to make X FPPs this year and you're going to play in 12 freerolls with $Y EV, then your $ per FPP figure increases by 12Y/X. If you expect to hit suchandsuch bonus, it goes up by $bonus/X.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM

Why worry about all this. Just log in good quality hands and the rest will take care of itself. Instead of taking the time to do all this, you could have played and made money. Am I the only one who thinks this way?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why worry about all this. Just log in good quality hands and the rest will take care of itself. Instead of taking the time to do all this, you could have played and made money. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

what if your effective rakeback at stars is 15%? you're burning 12% of rakeback over the course of a year... the reason to do this is to make more money
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Could probably say "gee, how much $$ would I have made playing poker instead of doing _____" about most things in my life
2. Obviously properly calculating this can help you figure out if you'll make more money on one site versus another which IS helpful
Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 AM

I did my own calculations - for the SNG player.

If I play 400 $10 SNGs and pay $400 in tournament fees, I can get a Women's Cotton/Poly Hooded Sweatshirt - or a copy of Harrington on Hold'em.
True.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 AM

The Milestones add a good amount for people who get a lot of fpps (obv).

For example, if you earn 300k VPPs in a year (assuming you are nova the whole year, carryover or w/e), thats 1.05 mil FPPs = roughly 17k in fpps.

The 2 milestones you earn give you $3500 in value (accounting for the fpps used to buy them), so thats 20% of what you got in RB. If nova is normally 30ish %, this makes it 36.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

If I am not wrong, I think PokerStars has lower rake than other sites, so this will obviously compense for lower rakeback, right?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM

yes, Stars also has lower rake at many stakes.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 PM

has anyone figured out how much the last Poker Stars price increase reduced the rakeback by on average?