Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM

Default 10NL - Turned TP + NFD on 3 flush board

READS: Button is 34/26/8 over ~50 hands. Has raised several times in steal attempts.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.80
UTG+1: $12.30
CO: $10.50
Button: $5.35
Hero: $10.15
BB: $7.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> I consider a 3-bet here to try to take momentum in the hand and set myself up to take it down easier on the flop, but I've only seen villain for a few orbits so I decide not to get too fancy. </font>

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.7, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> I flop 2 overs and NFD. I lead out as a semi-bluff so I increase the chance I get paid if I hit. Besides, he may just call. After his raise I'm getting decent odds to call, so I do. His raise doesn't scare me too much, as he could be raising to test if I have the made flush already. </font>

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.7, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> I hit TPTK and bet because I just got ahead of a good portion of his range. It's mostly a value bet plus I still have redraws if behind. </font>

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.2, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

<font color="blue"> I plan to c/c to try to control the pot. I feel this gives JxXh a chance to bluff. Villain could also bet out a made flush, but without the nut flush I don't see him over-betting since I've been betting into the 3 flush cards already. If the bet is large in relation to the pot, I can find a fold, but like I say I plan to c/c.</font>

Results:
Final pot: $6.2

Comments appreciated on all streets... bet sizing and the general line as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Turned TP + NFD on 3 flush board

Pre-flop, I would rather a 3-bet, but you sound aware of the benefits.

If your going to donk the flop, I like a bet close to size of the pot. Like .60. We are not in bad trouble if button comes along, but we benefit more if he doesn't. I would be tempted to re-pop his raise. He is very aggressive, so his weak raise doesn't represent strength like it would from a passive. If we re-pop him, we need to do it a pot-sized raise. I am not 100% sold on re-raising. I would like to hear other opinions on the issue. Calling is fine, though.

Turn is good. He was only a half-stack, and this bet is perfect to pot-commit him to call a river bet.

If I am reading right, he only has 2.35 left. We need to get that last bit of value in. After your leads, he will check behind with a J too much for us to check, imo. Also, he may be aware that 2.35 isn't enough for a bluff with the Kh to be effective. So, I wouldn't count on him bluffing river too often.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:49 PM

I repop PF against this player close to every time. As played I am likely 3bet the flop, turn is fine, shove river.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 PM

theres no pot to control on this river because we have already committed him to the pot. we need to push to make him pay to see out hand
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 AM

There is no such thing as check/calling for pot control. You decided on the turn you were going for his stack and then failed to get it in on the river.