Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
I played at JCKC for about 5 hours at a $1/2 NL limit table. They were running that and a $3/5 limit table. Pretty much what I figured the play would be like, way too aggressive, but a decent sized raise usually cleared most of the limpers. One of the regulars there lost his buy in pretty early on and then rebought and went all in like 12 consecutive hands without looking at his cards. He probably dropped about $700-$800 in 2 hours. I kept folding hands like AT, KJ to him,Im just not going to flip a coin for $100.
Anyhow, they do have an hourly charge which killed me, it really punishes tight players. I'm a pretty tight player anyway and I wasn't getting cards so I seriously probably played 12-15 hands in 5 hours(including my blinds that didnt get raised). So all in all I dropped $60, or I paid JCKC $50 in rake($5 every half hour) and lost $10 playing cards. Its going to be real hard to beat that time charge unless you get some hands. You pretty much have to win atleast 1 decent pot/ hour to break even, let alone come out ahead. Pretty sick. It's definately juicy and there's plenty of money to be made if you can beat the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

coin flip? ur AT KJ, with u saying he went all in 12 hands in a row, u were a HUGE favorite, probably had him dominated with ur kicker. id have called. and yeah i understand ur frustration with a time charge. i hate them myself.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:15 PM

he's going all-in totally dark and you're folding AT and KJ for just $100?
I'm really not sure how AT is a coin-flip against any two random cards. I like my chances against his 'range' which includes EVERYTHING including such stellar stuff as J4o, etc.

If I'm CO, Button or one of the blinds with AT or KJ and I'm pretty sure it will be heads-up (I don't see a tight player suddenly looking like he is REALLY excited to call) then there's very little chance I'm laying these down.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM

I know I was dominating him with AT and KJ etc. preflop, but Im just not going to shove in $100 on a 60/40 hand. $100 is $100 ahead preflop or not. The guy kept turning over hands like 34 off and beating AQ etc... Just not my style, paired up is a totally different story.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I was dominating him with AT and KJ etc. preflop, but Im just not going to shove in $100 on a 60/40 hand. $100 is $100 ahead preflop or not. The guy kept turning over hands like 34 off and beating AQ etc... Just not my style, paired up is a totally different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know alot of blackjack players who use the same flawed logic as u. they dont double down with an 11 against the dealers 8 cause they dont think a 60-65% favorite is big enough edge to risk the extra money. EV+ is EV+ its all about getting as much in as possible anytime u got a fraction of the best of it. i find it hard to believe with ur philosophy u are beating the game long term.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Can we please get back to the topic that this post was created for? This is a cool post, please don't ruin it with hand critique that has nothing to do with the title of this thread.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Sarasota Kennel Club Trip Report

First off they open at 12:15 despite saying 1 pm all last week. Either way I played for about 3-4 hours today and made $230 at a 2-3 NL table. The place was packed and there were quite a few people who had no idea what was going on. They are doing a $5 per half hour timed drop. Was extremely frustrating as my first two dealers got in 6 and 9 hands respectively.

Biggest pot I saw was about 500-600 won by a guy who called a 30 dollar preflop raise, another 60 or so after the flop and another 50 after the turn with 5-7 offsuit. Flop 544. Turn 7 River 7. 3 or 4 people busted on that hand. The only one who showed had a diamond flush draw after the flop that did not hit.

One guy sits down at the table and pays his big blind. 3 people limp, Flop comes K53, 2 hearts. Big blind asks how much he can bet. Dealer says as much as you want. He says oh this is that all in game. Ok All in- 97 dollars into a 12 dollar pot. I don't think he was leveling. Next hand he is small blind and calls big blind. Flop comes K65 rainbow Small blind bets 10 one guy calls. Turn 4 Bets 20. Caller calls. River 10. Bets 20. Caller calls. Small blind flips over J3 and it is good. Same guy then wins a 3 way all in pot with AK and gets like $175 total from the other two guys. Asks dealer how much the green chip is (25) and then gives it to him as a tip.

The place seems very profitable now. I was up to around 350 in profit until the last orbit when QQ<AK8 flop and AQ<AJ all in preflop.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sarasota Kennel Club Trip Report

They are doing a $5 per half hour timed drop. Was extremely frustrating as my first two dealers got in 6 and 9 hands respectively.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Hearing about these $5 time drop rakes worries me, I don't think the game is very beatable with that type of rake. I would think this could also pressure a tag player to loosen up and play a style he's not accustomed to for fear of losing money due to the time drop. I'm glad I haven't seen that crap in south Florida, but if I do, I'll be going right back to strictly online and trips to Las Vegas, a time drop is so weak IMHO.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Oh and also in Sarasota I flopped quad Jacks and got a 20 dollar high hand bonus. Anything in Holdem quads or bteer gets a bonus and they take a .50 or $1 jackpot drop on each hand.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 PM

*sigh*

time drop

anyone know if it's also a time drop on the 1/2 $60 tables, or if that is raked?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:31 PM

Default BIG PROPS TO US!!

WTG, Floridians ... our donkathreads got a special mention at the top of the B&M forum by TT!!

OK, I realize this is nothing to be proud of. Just thought it was entertaining.

Carry on.