Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Default razor thin vb vs keyser?

I didn't rr b/c BB was a megadonk who I wanted to keep in the hand (and I don't expect to make to much off of keyser anyway).

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.40/$0.80 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $97.20
BB: $186.60
UTG: $151.65
MP: $160.00
CO: $187.95
Hero (BTN): $257.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.80</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2.80, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, MP calls $14.00

Turn: ($46.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($46.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $28.00</font>
Old 08-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: razor thin vb vs keyser?

This isn't thin at all, if he has a T he's calling you, if he has a busted draw he's folding. Only time you lose here is vs Ax of spades.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 PM

i think this is standard.

he is probably shoving the flop with the nut flush draw. what other hand does he call your flop raise with that contains an ace? its unlikely he has a set now that hes checked the turn and river. i nearly always bet here.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't thin at all, if he has a T he's calling you, if he has a busted draw he's folding. Only time you lose here is vs Ax of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think my hand looks exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM

have to raise PF to isolate, we don't want multiple callers anyway, so forget BB...

as played, this is fine, there is still value to be had here as he could have more than a flush draw
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think my hand looks exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

if that was the case, wouldn't u consider betting the turn??
Old 08-13-2007, 01:34 PM

my line is probably bad, but dont ou think hes generally playing the nut flush draw more aggressively than this? like maybe even shoving the flop? which is why the turn A doesn't really bother me. and i would assume Keyser would value bet an A somewhere along the line too.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM

The key really is how aggro he'd play the NFD on the flop. This deep, I have doubts as to if he's shoving.

I think the ace could very well have hit his range, and you're really only beating T9s, JTs, and JJ. This is thinner than most are giving credit for imo.

I question the bet size on the river. It's small enough to induce a raise with a wide range and your hand can't really stand heat. What is your plan if raised here? I think I bet closer to $35 and fold to a raise.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:24 PM

This is a little too thin imo. If I'm playing well I don't think I ever call with just a ten...reason being that his hand looks exactly like Ax spades, and if he did have a big combo draw on the flop, he is going to be firing that turn with a very high frequency (like 90% or so I imagine, since it's a great turn to bluff at).

When he checks the turn behind I put him on a draw that just improved to a made hand and is checking behind for pot control. The rest of his range (sets, combo draws, air) bet.

I think I have Ax spades here a lot too, and I am always calling the river and pretty much always playing something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the same way.

the results of this hand are actually pretty lol but I'll let others chime in first.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have to raise PF to isolate, we don't want multiple callers anyway, so forget BB...

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB is this guy.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11650501