Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: foxwoods trip report, fun hands, LOL quotes

Nice report. But it must suck so much to sit at a table with these jokers for hours and get dealt mostly junk. I'd probably get bored and start making some dumb limps and raises.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably get bored and start making some dumb limps and raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is the tempting thing that can kill an online player playing live. Trust me I understand, but I usually get up and take a walk when I'm feeling like that.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report. But it must suck so much to sit at a table with these jokers for hours and get dealt mostly junk. I'd probably get bored and start making some dumb limps and raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it's all worth it.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:28 AM

Nice post, enjoyed reading it. More to come?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM

Nice TR sir. The quotes are priceless; I mean who would raise AK unless he was on nuclear monkey-tilt? I discourage that kind of behavior at all times and am glad you were there to help calm him and promote responsible gaming habits. There was a guy at the Foxwoods 4/8 who convinced BigBadBabar and myself that we should never raise AA preflop. By the end of the discussion we both decided to subscribe to his newsletter.

But yeah, a whole bunch of us are going to be at the Fwoods on the 18-20th of May...it's gonna be nice. I think I'll bring a pen and paper and at least keep track of quotes. For really hilarious donkey truisms (and just to make mobnies) the O8 tables are pretty sweet.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM

Nice TR from a TR reading junkie.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Very different trip report than others. Man i don't have the patience to write all that down. I prefer chatting it up with players to loosen them up and have a good time.

Also one minor nit: in 2224x board, there are actually many combos with 2 (i.e. K2, J2, A2s, etc), so it really becomes a decision like, "How many bets do I go with the 2nd nuts, a hand which is very likely to be the best?" Also whatever river card comes changes our hand too. Actually, it sounds like an interesting hand. Maybe you can post it in small stakes.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Re: all responses above about note-taking. I considered the hit to my image, but was able to be quite subtle so virtually no one noticed. Also note the hand above where I raise in MP after not playing for 2 orbits and get called by the button, both blinds, and an EP limper, they just play their cards. A couple hours into Saturday and probably 8 of 10 players had been there the whole time, UTG raises for the first time all day and gets 6 callers. I also find it more comfortable to sit with the chair backwards, so I can stand a lot, almost always when I'm not in a hand and between hands. This shielded the note taking from the table. I was writing in a small (like 3" by 6") notebook. And the information is quick to write: 5 columns - time blind posted, hands I got for that blind, hands played, hand I PFR, hand others PFR. Last 3 columns just contain check marks. I entered information during hands I was not in, and most people were playing or paying attention to the current hand at the time. Quotes and interesting hands were mostly from memory, but I did take some crib notes to remind myself, e.g. 'fish says he raised AKo b/c he was on tilt'. I had actually started taking notes on players, but gave up after an hour b/c they were basically all the same, 60-80 VPIP 2-4 PFR types, anyone who deviated stood out quickly. I think only a couple times did someone ever notice I was writing something down, and I said I like to keep track of how much I am losing.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 PM

great trip report, this seems so damn funny playing live !