Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Large Pot With Aces

[ QUOTE ]
The way this has played out I don't see how CO doesn't have AcKx or KK like always.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could have AA too! maybe QcQx
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM

I like raising the flop better than just calling, that being said, you didn't.

So now what to do with the situation we find ourselves in on the ck-re-raised and called turn? I think you have to fold. Unless the other players happened to flip their hands over and you know what they have, you are, at a minimum, drawing to 2 outs and more than likely, drawing dead. In combination, what hands could the two players have? In the interest of getting to a spot where we're drawing live, we have to put them on set over set, which is REALLY wishful thinking on our part and still leaves us with a slim draw. Also, putting the MP on a set goes against your read of him playing aggresively. He'd have pounded the flop and turn as hard as possible to protect his hand. The interesting part about this prediciment is we are up against two players. If it was just either one of them, I think it's a clear call, then call the river if bet into, but with a check-re-raise and THEN a call.....I just can't come up with a scenerio where we aren't drawing dead. AND.......you have to be willing to overcall the autobet and call on the river. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson".....sometimes you just gotta listen to the Robot.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Well played. MP cold 3 betting the turn is at worst a straight. You're screwed.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold this turn. I know the pot is big but this guy is bluffing .0001% of the time. He's got a flush here way too often.

I prefer raising the turn, not b/c I'm worried about hand protection but b/c the turn card changes our equity so much and I don't want to invest a ton of bets on the flop to fold on the turn. Once the 4th club hits our hand is toast unless of course its the Ac.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can put me in the fold camp too on the turn. Live players always have it in this spot.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

do some hand reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT THE TIME for hand reading. You're pot committed.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

do some hand reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On further thought...the worst case is getting sandwiched between two players with made flushes. In that case, it could cost not one or two but six more big bets to see the showdown, in the case that one of the opponents is dumb enough to continue the raising war without the nuts (which he may well be).
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

What happened?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice. A good player makes 1bb/hr live, if you can save a 2 bb's thats 2 hrs of work. This is a cop out line, you should always be thinking about what your opponent has and there are sometimes when you need to fold in big pots
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 AM

good game!

You played this hand incredibly well up to this point... very nice job waiting for the turn to raise in this huge pot.

At this point, the pot is huge, and when a tight player makes a surprise cold-call preflop, I usually think AK / JJ type hand. In this case, I'd call the turn for sure. If the river is a non-club non-king, I'm calling again. If it's a club or a king, then I shake my head make a tough decision on the fly.

good luck.
Eric
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand happened in AC a few weeks ago - been away for a bit due to work commitments. 40-80.

Anyway, game was loose and playing a bit wildly. Five people limped to the cutoff, a loose/typical player who raised. I was on the button and looked down at A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so I gave him the 120 treatment. The BB called two bets cold and (pretty shockingly actually) every other limper proceeded to call two bets more. The cutoff then capped, I of course called, and we took the flop eight ways for four bets.

The flop came down pretty ugly, K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone checked to the cutoff who bet, I called and four others called. Six of us to the turn, 19 big bets in the pot.

The turn brings the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. It's checked to the cutoff who again bets. I raise, and it's folded back to a MP player who plays very well but is capable of making moves, playing very aggressively. He now 3-bets which makes me a little ill. The cutoff now coldcalls two more bets so it's one more bet to me. Plan?

And what about the rest of the hand?

Thanks,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Good play by MP. I'd make that 3 bet with A7, or just A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You might get some genius to fold aces or kings. Play basic small stakes/big pot strategy. Modern TAGs love to make big lay downs. Throw in some bets. If a raise improves your chance of winning a 20 bet pot by even 10% its a great move. Getting you out likely increases his chances about 50%.