Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Absolute poker locked my acct and took my money

[ QUOTE ]
the fees are not the only reason sites dont want to be used as money transfer services. alot of other legal reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fine. Then reverse the transfer and give me the money back. To Click2pay, via check, or else.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So what was it? Really? Collusion, multiple accounts, chip-dumping, the 'friend' who cheats with others using money you sent him, credit card fraud...what have I missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. I gave you the whole story. If I wanted to look better then I am I would not mention neteller closing issues and other poker room deposits. I would just say, hey, I am big time poker player, registered with AP, deposited two grand, sent some of it to a friend, did not really get a chance to play, busy time. Also needed money to pay fix my car so withdrew some back.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Absolute doesn't take action on a whim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least they give whim reasons. As I said, the two accounts are only linked to each other, none of them accused of fraud but both accused of being linked to fraudulent account.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When will people learn that poker sites are not banks where you can deposit money for a few days, write checks to friends, then withdraw what's left at your convenience?

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat. I did not withdraw what was left. And my friend did not withdraw anything at all.

Maybe I deposited a bit more than I really need it. But does it constitute a ground for confiscating the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account. Yeah, that makes it okay.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like your and your friend's suspicious activities have dropped you in the [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike I suggest we need a new official type thread that is stickied at the top of the forum, to wit:

"OFFICIAL IMA N00B POSTER WHO TRIED TO SCAM/CHIP DUMP/ETC AND DA SITE FROZE MY MONIES AND I NEEDZ HELP THREAD"
Old 05-13-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account. Yeah, that makes it okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, what? I don't see anything in the T&C's that say they get the right to keep your money for doing this. If they did, I wouldn't play there. Would you?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, what? I don't see anything in the T&C's that say they get the right to keep your money for doing this. If they did, I wouldn't play there. Would you?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, what? You think that is all that happened?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend also had his account closed and money confiscated. Interestingly, he got the same reasoning from them "is linked to other accounts that were involved in suspicious and/or fraudulent activity".

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you actually see the email he received from AP or did he just say this after you told him your story?

[ QUOTE ]
I did not transfer money to anyone else, neither did he. We know each other personally and live nearby. He never cashed out from AP. He also did not get a chance to play much. We never sat at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]
These problems often happen because the victim trusted someone that didn't turn out to be trustworthy. Think hard about what you actually know as opposed to what you merely believe.

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker "is linked to other poker rooms that were involved in suspicious and/or fraudulent activity".

[/ QUOTE ]
The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you. These are the same people who own Ultimate Bet and there is no good reason to blindly trust them. Go easy on the trolling until you actually have something worthwhile to say.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 PM

It seems that transferring money to others is pretty dangerous if the other person's account ever gets flagged for suspicious activity.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you. These are the same people who own Ultimate Bet and there is no good reason to blindly trust them. Go easy on the trolling until you actually have something worthwhile to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.