Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

qpips qpips qpips
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
qpips qpips qpips
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
qpips qpips qpips
qpips qpips qpips
qpips qpips qpips
Old 05-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Dids,

Sorry if you've mentioned this somewhere along the way and I missed it, but do you have stretch marks? If so, where, and how bad?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:14 PM

didn't have a camera with me, but I weighed myself at the in-laws today. 340. the wife says I have gotten a bit slimmer, but 35 lbs is sadly not that noticeable.

Still, it feels good, I lost an average of 3 lbs a month, not as much as I'd like, but I've changed my diet, and started to excercize more. Plus I start a new job next week that will have me walking about 6 blocks each way to my parking spot, along with the frisbee golf and stuff I've been doing (and the loss of the stress of being unemployed) I think I'm gonna continue dropping pounds.

I've talked with the wife, and when I get below 300 (which I haven't been since shortly after high school) and stay there, I'm gonna get a 300 tatooed somewhere on me. not something I'm gonna show off, but something I'll know about and remind myself about where I've been, and how much work it took to get back.

Had to buy new shorts for the summer though, size 48. haven't been below a 50 in about 6 years, so that felt good.

I want to thank Bison for starting this thread, I didn't lose as much as I wanted, but it helped spur me to work on some things, and the more I changed my lifestyle the better things felt. I'd love to keep this thread active, and check back in another 6 months. I think Dids will still be dropping the weight (good job man) and I'd love to post around christmas time that I'm below 300. Thanks to everyone.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:18 PM

i here nation may or may not have a camera. maybe you guys can or cannot borrow it?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:25 PM

I have a camera (just not with me today) I do not however own a scale, nor do I have easy access to one. If someone does not believe my 35 lb weight loss, they are welcome to not pay me, I would hope they would instead take that money and donate it to a charity (Given that my Grandpa just broke his hip today at the VA hospital where he is living because of advanced Alzheimers I'd prefer an Alzheimers or Veterans charity) I'd be fine with that.

I also have no idea who nation is, or where he lives to make borrowing a camera from him not feasible.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have profile shots too, I could make a mosaic of them. I actually thought the change was less notable in them.

Thanks everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids, did lifting weights have any impact as far as you can tell? How did that go for you?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Lifting helps yeah. Mostly just 'cause it feels good and makes me want to visit the gym more often.

So far I've got confirmed payments or payments on the way from:

bisonbison, Scrub, DaveR, Entity, El Diablo and rocketlaunch.

More updates from other fatties plz.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM

OK.

I went through the thread again to make sure I had all the who owes people what thing correct.

The big monkey wrench is the following.

A lot of people pledged to match bison or a % of bison when he was at $1 per lb.

Later on bison adjusted to the following formula.

bison's rates for Dids

$.25/lb 1->40 ($10)
$.80/lb 41->70 (23.20)
$1.57/lb 71->167 (21.98)
$.75/lb 168->187

for a total of 55.18

I don't know if y'all want to adjust for that, or stay with the original $1 per lb. Your call.

You can paypal to bdavid@bdids.com, but just mailing checks or something saves rake. Contact me for that info...

So here's the rates

dcasper70 .25 per lb up to 100 for all fatties

abones .25 per lb up to 100 for all fatties

pokerbob- matching bison on Dids

scrub- $1 per lb on original bison plan on Dids

jorge10 .25 per lb per fatty

CIncyHR .25 per lb per fatty

DaveR $2 per lb for Dids

Larry David $10 per lb assuming he's 165 lbs.

Hoi Polloi .25 per lb for all fatties

Sponger 1/2 of bison for Dids

xwillience .25 per lb on all fatties

Jrussell $1 per lb all fatties

dcifir $1 per lb all fatties

Diablo 25% of bison

shant = nebulous "Dids sponsorship"

sifmole .25 cents per pound per fatty
Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 PM

Is your e-mail address really @bids.com? It would suck for people to send monies to the wrong place.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Thanks, that's corrected.