Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People are being so f*cking results-oriented on this that it's ridiculous. They didn't kill her, they train-wrecked her MySpace page. If she got all emo and killed herself, that's not their fault. Seriously, if this story was just "bitchy 13 year old blows off her best friend and then the parents help trainwreck her MySpace page", people would just think this was a funny story.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They would still be horrible, awful people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a funny story exactly because the parents were so douchy and were trying to get involved in their kids life to that degree. Still though, no one would be saying they should be taken to jail or that they deserved to be kill.

Equating this to murder or even man-slaughter is just downright silly. Suicide is no one's fault but the victim's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's silly then not being silly is insane.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People are being so f*cking results-oriented on this that it's ridiculous. They didn't kill her, they train-wrecked her MySpace page. If she got all emo and killed herself, that's not their fault. Seriously, if this story was just "bitchy 13 year old blows off her best friend and then the parents help trainwreck her MySpace page", people would just think this was a funny story.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a funny story exactly because the parents were so douchy and were trying to get involved in their kids life to that degree. Still though, no one would be saying they should be taken to jail or that they deserved to be kill.

Equating this to murder or even man-slaughter is just downright silly. Suicide is no one's fault but the victim's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny story, bitchy 13 year old?

So did you miss the part where they said the parents at fault actually knew the girl had a history of depression and mental problems? Or are you just a troll?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:42 PM

These [censored] did not just trainwreck someone's MySpace page, they trainwrecked her whole life. They decided it would be funny to destroy the confidence of an emotionally fragile kid and then mock her.

They spent months making an unpopular, overweight girl with a history of dperession and suicidal impulses feel that there was a boy who understood her and cared about her. They talked to her online almost every day. They gained her trust, then they used that trust to devastate her emotionally.

These people are seriously sick. It makes me wish ostracism and shunning still had the impact they once did. These people deserve to get spit on and cussed out every time they show their faces in public (preferably until they take their own lives).
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM

Obviuosly this was a retarded mean-spirited and stupid thing to do. But people are definitely being results-oriented. Somebody (most definitely not a lawyer) was telling me that for someone to be criminally negligent for an action and outcome that there has to be a reasonable expectation that the outcome could follow from the action. Whether this is true or not, it certainly makes sense to me.

Obviously we don't know all of the details of the girl's fight with depression, but I would suspect it never crossed their mind (nor do I expect it to have) that the girl would commit suicide.

I do have one question though. If the girl whose parents created the fake boy committed suicide over the constant harassment she and her family were getting from people, how would you guys react?

Also, kudos to NT! and 2+2 for not pandering to mob mentality. I don't see how harassing these people does any good to anyone.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the girl whose parents created the fake boy committed suicide over the constant harassment she and her family were getting from people, how would you guys react?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel bad for the girl but not for the parents.

In fact, I would want the parents to blame themselves for their child's death.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the girl whose parents created the fake boy committed suicide over the constant harassment she and her family were getting from people, how would you guys react?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel bad for the girl but not for the parents.

In fact, I would want the parents to blame themselves for their child's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not really what I was asking. I meant more of, how would you react towards those people that were doing the harrassing. Are they negligent? Did they contribute to the girls death. The girl is a young teenager and I can't think of her as a horrible person for what she did, simply because all over the world young teenagers are acting the same way (I have no problem thinking the parents are horrible and are terrible parents). So if she killed herself, I'd certainly say the parents have some portion of the responsibility for initiating this mess, but would you think the people harassing them also share some responsiblity.

I'd think one lesson to learn from this whole tragic incident is that an eye-for-an-eye doesn't work. Girl A hurts the feelings of Girl B. Girl B and her family try to get revenge. It has tragic consequences and so now people are trying to get revenge on Girl B's family. At some point people have to step up and start acting like rational and responsible adults.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM

If I was the father and I had no other children (and likely even if I did), I would plan out and kill the people responsible (in my mind) for my daughters death.

Whether they are legally responsible or not is irrelevant to me: they acted with the intent of wrecking my daughter's life, and she ended up dying. Whether there is 100% causation or not I really don't care.

I'd probably break into the house quietly one night, and put a bullet in each parent's forehead.

Some things are worth dying/serving life in jail for.

edit: And in case it needs to be said, I'm being completely serious and I'm not emotionally bent up at all right now. And I really don't care whether you believe my actions would be justified or moral or whatever.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:28 PM

I've always wondered why someone related to one of his victims didn't kill OJ. There's almost no way the guy doesn't walk.

edit: I'm not saying that the guy shooting OJ wouldn't be guilty, just that he wouldn't be convicted by a unanimous jury (especially if he was careful with where he killed him).
Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always wondered why someone related to one of his victims didn't kill OJ. There's almost no way the guy doesn't walk.

edit: I'm not saying that the guy shooting OJ wouldn't be guilty, just that he wouldn't be convicted by a unanimous jury (especially if he was careful with where he killed him).

[/ QUOTE ]

i would convict him, though i would empathize
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

15% to the retard family that started the MySpace account. These people are the most [censored] up but also the least to blame. They are obv terrible people but I doubt this was there intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key point from a legal standpoint which I haven't seen mentioned is that as soon as they found out that something had happened to the Megan they immediately told the other girl to not mention the myspace thing. This is not intent but is very close to criminal negligence since they realized that their actions could have caused her harm.