Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Torre is back

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think the AL East is the toughest division? Where does COL finish if they played in the AL East? Where do any of the AL East teams finish if they play in the NL West?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2nd or 3rd place, most likely. They're far better than Tampa Bay or Baltimore, and they're better than Toronto. They might finish ahead of the Yankees.

Red Sox probably finish 1st or 2nd in the NL West, Yankees, anywhere from 1st to 3rd, depending on their young arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololololololol

Amazing! A+, level of the year. I thought you were being serious this whole time, but that cannot be possible...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:31 PM

Mondo for Mod(eration)
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god, mondo makes me want to root for cleveland. [censored] the story. just sweep them and show once and for all that the rockies are not competitive in al east or al central.

[/ QUOTE ]

This epiphany happened to me in the NLCS thread. Mondo put me over the edge in there and made me an Indians/Sox fan all because I was making a suggestion for what would be the best way for the NL champion to win the WS.(which was for the ALCS to go 5 games so that the AL champion had to use its #1 starter in the game).
Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

lol.

I think

Needle for Pulitzer
and
Mondo for Mod(eration)

should be their respective new titles.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Dude you guys are retarded. The Rockies took 3 out of 3 from the Yankees, 2 out of 3 from the Sox, and 2 out of 3 from the Orioles. Clearly they'd win the AL East.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM

All,

Now I hope you understand why some Rockies fans were putting me on tilt. Glad you're getting a taste of their newfound expertise. At least I realize I don't know dick about baseball compared to most of you nerds. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who claims to be smart considers the AL East the toughest division in baseball (though no division with Tampa Bay and Baltimore can really be considered tough). I'm just saying if that *is* true, I'm

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? You don't think the AL East is the toughest division? Where does COL finish if they played in the AL East? Where do any of the AL East teams finish if they play in the NL West?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd or 3rd place, most likely. They're far better than Tampa Bay or Baltimore, and they're better than Toronto. They might finish ahead of the Yankees.

Red Sox probably finish 1st or 2nd in the NL West, Yankees, anywhere from 1st to 3rd, depending on their young arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know you are leveling. If you would have been a bit more subtle you might have been able to pull it off.

craig
Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think the AL East is the toughest division? Where does COL finish if they played in the AL East? Where do any of the AL East teams finish if they play in the NL West?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololololololol

Amazing! A+, level of the year. I thought you were being serious this whole time, but that cannot be possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you honestly think the Blue Jays, Orioles, and Devil Rays are all better than the Rockies? Talk about a level...

The real level is that a team swept by the Rockies thinks they're no possible way whatsoever that they can't be perhaps not quite as good as the Rockies.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM

For the record, I don't think you're retarded or leveling or anything. It's pretty easy to develop a false sense of security when your team plays on God mode for a month straight.

Surely, deep down inside, you realize that the Rockies aren't nearly as good as they've been playing for the last month. You'll come around and admit that later, no doubt. You also don't really think they're better than the Yanks, Sox, or Jays. You just think you do b/c of how good they'be been running lately.

And, BTW, just to clear up the confusion from earlier when I was talking about the Yankees developing 3/5s of their rotation - I was referring to Chamberlain, Kennedy, and Hughes, obv.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
god, mondo makes me want to root for cleveland. [censored] the story. just sweep them and show once and for all that the rockies are not competitive in al east or al central.

[/ QUOTE ]

This epiphany happened to me in the NLCS thread. Mondo put me over the edge in there and made me an Indians/Sox fan all because I was making a suggestion for what would be the best way for the NL champion to win the WS.(which was for the ALCS to go 5 games so that the AL champion had to use its #1 starter in the game).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always admit in poker forums that you're so easily tiltable? Are your fan loyalties really that elastic? Just wondering.