Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Doyle\'s Room account closed, bankroll stolen

Hi,

I have recently had a bad experience with Doyle's Room, and just wanted to share with you all that went on, and see if anyone here has any suggestions of possible recourse.

Basically, I was accused of chip dumping and my account investigated and closed. I've lost my entire bankroll on that site (approximately $2500).

In brief, here's what happened;

Basically, I played with a friend heads up, we were just mucking about, lots of crazy shoves for like 50 times the pot, min raises, stupid bluffs, that sort of thing. He was drunk, I was folding most of the time, needless to say, it took me about 10 minutes to take most of his money. He's a decent friend and we're done stuff like this on other sites, and it's never been a problem.

Afterwards I felt pretty bad and wanted to withdraw and return to him, but the withdrawal was halted and my account closed. I've been accused of chip dumping, which has been ridiculous. Over the course of the next two months, I've sent multiple emails, most of which haven't been responded to. I've called up multiple times, I've been met with people who have no knowledge of my case, and I've been hung up on, and they've not called back when promised to discuss my case.

I have all the emails back and forth with this site, and am happy to divulge any details. I've sent my identification as they requested, and complied with their requests the entire time, I've always been polite, and been met with absolute indiference and contempt.

Finally, this week, almost 2 months after my account was originally closed, after emailing/calling during this time trying to sort this out, and waiting the past few weeks without correspondance from Doyle's, I get a short email (and I quote from it):

Please do not waste your time sending any further emails

Given this is from Doyle's Room, backed by the biggest name in poker, I'm both shocked that this has happened, and at the atrocious and dismissing customer service.

I'm bordering on giving up on getting my money back, but a friend referred me to this forum, and just wanted to know if any of you guys had any suggestions on where to go from here?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Room account closed, bankroll stolen

When you go to another site dont chip dump so you can withdraw for your buddies.

Other than that

Good luck at the tables mate.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 AM

Why did you need to give him his money in cash? Wouldn't transferring it back to his poker account been just as easy?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:13 AM

I didn't intend on giving him the money in cash.

I wanted to transfer the money back to him vie the Site, but I couldn't find the option to anywhere. I withdrew with intention of transferring it to his Pokerstars, Full tilt or another site account that had this option.

In retrospect, I should have just transferred additional cash from my Neteller acct and left the money on Doyle's, but I wasn't really thinking at the time.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 AM

I'm so excited!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:43 AM

You realize how obvious of a stolen credit card/chip dump/withdraw scheme this looks like, right? So I guess the obvious question is, did your friend either load his account with a stolen credit card and/or fund his neteller account with an eft that didn't clear?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Let's look at some facts. You have 2 posts, you have reged in Jan 26 2007 and the pattern here looks similar to a stolen credit card etc. and chip dumping.

I'm not accusing you and/or your friend of anything, because i dont know all the facts, but at the moment i dont think that your post is really helping you to get your money back.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:11 AM

First of all, there are no cash HU tables at Doyles...So how did you play him HU exactly, STT HU?

This whole story smells pretty bad to me.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:15 AM

I realize that it looks like chip dumping now.

I am not sure about my friends Neteller or Credit Card status, I'll have to check back regarding that. Nothing about it was mentioned in the few e-mails they did bother to send me. I was never able to speak to anyone as my calls were either hung up on or I wasn't called back as promised.

What does the fact that I only have 2 posts have to do with anything? The friend that referred me has over 5000, is that good?

I'm asking what I can do to get my money back. Any suggestions?

Truth be told though, this process has gone on over 2 months in which time I've been ignored or palmed off from person to person. I would like Doyles room to comment in here or actually give me a reason or an example of what I have done wrong.

I don't really expect to get my money back from them (Although it would be nice). Friends warned me about playing there before I even joined the site, but I saw the bonus and thought it looked Ok.

I hope some people read this e-mail and think twice before playing on what is unarguably the worst site in terms of Customer service and honourable behaviour.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:22 AM

The reason that having 2 posts is important is that people are constantly coming here and complianign about this same thing. Having their accounts closed and accusing the site of ripping them off. They almost always have very few posts.

Ive never seen a respected long time poster / poker player with 1000s of posts have this problem. Thats because long time players / posters arent ripping off poker sites with stupid chip dumping / credit card fraud schemes and almost every time someone like you posts a story like this, we find out the details later and its always some scam.

Ive been playing at Doyles for a long time and they are very trust worthy and have pretty good customer service. Nothing in your post has changed my opinion of them.

Chip dumping is against the rules and for good reason. Either you did something very stupid by jacking around like this...or more likely, you and / or your friend deposited fraudulently and then dumped the chips to you.